Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

stopover after 1st leg on award ticket from other *A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska

Will SQ allow stopover after the 1st leg flown? SQ has taken control of the ticket and SQ allows krisflyer award ticket stopover for US$100.

Booked AAA-SIN-BBB from another *A program. Wonder whether SQ will allow me to pay for stopover in SIN. The other program definitely will not allow. So at least need wait for SQ to take over the ticket.

Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by freed0m
Will SQ allow stopover after the 1st leg flown? SQ has taken control of the ticket and SQ allows krisflyer award ticket stopover for US$100.

Booked AAA-SIN-BBB from another *A program. Wonder whether SQ will allow me to pay for stopover in SIN. The other program definitely will not allow. So at least need wait for SQ to take over the ticket.

Thanks.
No. However if all you want is to switch to another SQ flight also already under airport control, and you get a kind SQ ground staff, practically, with luck, it may be possible for free. The $100 doesn't even come into question.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I'd say your chances are vitually zero. It'll be tough to find an SQ agent who's willing to touch a non-SQ issued award ticket in the absence of IRROPS.

I've tried my luck several times to be put on the next day's SIN-KUL flight on a *A award ticket but no to avail, both at the transfer counters and landside check-in. They'll just tell you to contact the airline issued your ticket.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I'd say your chances are vitually zero. It'll be tough to find an SQ agent who's willing to touch a non-SQ issued award ticket in the absence of IRROPS.

I've tried my luck several times to be put on the next day's SIN-KUL flight on a *A award ticket but no to avail, both at the transfer counters and landside check-in. They'll just tell you to contact the airline issued your ticket.

Thanks for your sharing.

i always thought SQ takes over the ticket in the day and after flying one leg. Am I wrong on this?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by freed0m

Thanks for your sharing.

i always thought SQ takes over the ticket in the day and after flying one leg. Am I wrong on this?
They do - but only to an extent, usually in the event of irrops.

SQ doesn't take complete control - for example if you want to cancel the ticket and get a refund, or you want to 'upgrade' a mixed class award where you accepted a lower class of travel due to availability at the time of booking. Those types of things are all referred back to the original ticket issuer.

The same with your case. The travel issuer has 'paid' SQ for a certain set of flights. SQ isn't going to touch that unless they have no choice (like IRROPS).
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
They do - but only to an extent, usually in the event of irrops.

SQ doesn't take complete control - for example if you want to cancel the ticket and get a refund, or you want to 'upgrade' a mixed class award where you accepted a lower class of travel due to availability at the time of booking. Those types of things are all referred back to the original ticket issuer.

The same with your case. The travel issuer has 'paid' SQ for a certain set of flights. SQ isn't going to touch that unless they have no choice (like IRROPS).
understand. Thanks for the explanation.

always wonder why no one talks about it. Now it is clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.