Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Krug at all loaded on PVG > SIN???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I have had similar experiences.
Compared GC 163th edition ID 116001/ 002/ 003 side by side, multiple times with Dom 2006, 2005, 2004
On some occasions preferred Krug and others Dom.

I think it depends on how long ago the bottles were open as well as the temperature when bottle was opened and temperature when served.

For Krug 2004. If you guys already love it on board, buy a few cases and cellar them.
Even though it has an amazing 12 years sur lie and currently 4 years since disgorgement, I still find them way too closed.
It only really starts to open up 3-4 hours after opening, and if you stopper half a bottle, drink it again 1-2 days later, then you'll taste the magic!

On that note, even as more of a Krug fan, I recently compared P2 2000 vs Krug 2004, and P2 won hands down.

But to stick with the topic - if I were on a flight and Krug ran out, I would still be totally happy with Dom 2009.
Anyone knows when 2008 will be loaded?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Slightly OT, but still booze-related: as of quite recently, SQ seem to have stopped offering Grand Marnier liqueue in J. Not happy; I found a shot of GM was just the thing to round off a mid-day meal prior to an afternoon siesta...
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:28 am

Only one bottle loaded on JFK-FRA and none on FRA-SIN. Bummer.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:31 am
THR

Yikes. We have F booked (SYD-SIN-NRT) in October. So far we are the only two in suites (seat map is all free plus all seats being sold), so 1 would probably do us, but I don't think it would if we had to share

(I prefer the Krug, but partner prefers the Dom.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.