Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Krug at all loaded on PVG > SIN???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
As for compensation, if I were to be truly righted, I think the next time we're flying 1st class on SQ it would be a nice gesture if they sent us off with a fresh bottle of Krug to enjoy on our own. While I won't hold my breath, and I'll still look forward to my next flights with them, this would be a solution that would keep in line with world class service.
Would definitely be a nice gesture, but I don’t think they will manage to deliver that on your next flight.

The reactions of customer service very much seem to depend on the agent, too. Had two complaints to the same 5* airline in the last 12 months and got a bottle of Roederer Cristal sent home for a minor issue and nothing but an apology for a major fail on a long-haul in First Class.
chris63 and bowzer91 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
There is demand and would be much more so when I am on it, as I prefer Krug to Dom.

Had lots of Krug on SYD-SIN recently, hope I didn't cause the shortage.
There clearly was demand from the OP & if something is on the Menu in F they ought to have it.

You may well have dented SQ’s inventory, Bravo ^
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Plat
..and they didn’t have a particular listed red wine the last time in suites, but I didn’t make a big fuss about it. You’ll have another time to try Krug I’m sure. FWIW I think Dom is a more flavoursome, better rounded wine - side by side tasting I couldn’t continue with the krug.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Tasclean
..and they didn’t have a particular listed red wine the last time in suites, but I didn’t make a big fuss about it. You’ll have another time to try Krug I’m sure. FWIW I think Dom is a more flavoursome, better rounded wine - side by side tasting I couldn’t continue with the krug.
Exact opposite for me: Krug was the winner

Alawyer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I thought CPC members are not allowed to fly F in SQ to China anymore?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tasclean
That happens but there are always alternatives, there was no alternative here it was DOM or something from J.
It’s SQ’s decision to fanfare the Krug & then not to have any onboard is a big fail in F
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exact opposite for me: Krug was the winner

Now that’s going to disappoint the OP even more
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:06 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chris63

Now that’s going to disappoint the OP even more
I was just about drooling when I saw the picture...

worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I was just about drooling when I saw the picture...

Me too, they didn’t leave me alone with 2 bottles
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:51 am

Me too, they didn’t leave me alone with 2 bottles
They know you

Actually, I returned the Dom bottle before it was empty and had to request more Krug when it was finished.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They know you

Actually, I returned the Dom bottle before it was empty and had to request more Krug when it was finished.
Maybe someone tipped them off

Who in their right mind could refuse more Krug 2004
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:58 am

Maybe someone tipped them off
Or they have your picture in all F galleys.

And soon mine, too ...
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well just wanted to post an update. After a couple of days of no response I decided to try and reach out to their social media team. So, I posted on twitter about how they had stopped serving Krug in Suites class. I’d say within a day they had responded and asked about the situation. I informed them I had submitted a feedback online and gave them the reference number. I also explained the situation and my disappointment. They quickly responded and said that it can take up to 10 day to hear a response from SQ customer service and to check back then. I was glad to have finally communicated with someone, but still no real solution or response yet.

Yesterday was day 14 or 9 business days and I finally got a response. I will post it here.

“Thank you for your email of 20 March 2019.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on flight SQ833/PVG-SIN/19Mar19 and SQ982/SIN-BKK on 20Mar19.

In reference to your feedback, our catering department had advise that they are still facing a shortage of Krug supply. We would like to assure you that we have taken the matter up with our In-flight Services Department. We have conveyed your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager who will take them into consideration for future reviews.

We have also forwarded your feedback in reference to your ribeye Steak being cooked well done, whereas requested being medium rare, to our cabin crew manager to intensify review with the crew.

All in all we apologize for the disappointment experienced on this occasion, and sincerely hope that we will create a more favorable impression when you next fly with us Mrs. Arellano.

Your patronage is important to us. We appreciate and look forward to your continued support of Singapore Airlines.”

To me, the response seems to fall far short of any true customer service and is quite informal and almost a “fill in the blank” response. I continue to hear of a Krug “shortage” but there was no shortage on the flight prior to mine. I also have not heard of ANY instance or review when SQ has failed to load any Krug at all. To me someone has dropped the ball and they are blaming this on a “shortage.”

You’ll note that there is also a reference to a flight on SQ982. I had submitted another feedback regarding this flight as well. We flew business class and again they did not have ANY of the featured red wine on board, 2015 Chateau Rahoul. Mind you we were departing from SQ's home hub and they have a full page dedicated to describing this featured red. I was told none was available on the flight. At the time I also mentioned if possible to receive my BTC ribeye as rare as possible and understand they are precooked. When I received the steak it was well done, the same as the filet I received during our Suites flight from PVG to SIN.

Again, I still had a mostly wonderful flight and look forward to my next 1st and suites flights in the coming weeks. I will be MUCH more upset if the so called “shortage” rolls over to those flights as well. I hold out hope that when flying with SQ in the near future this matter will again be addressed in person and they could separate themselves from any ordinary lackluster customer service, but I will not hold my breath.

All in all, not really upset over these circumstances, just disappointed and surprised as SQ is regarded as one of the World’s premier airlines. Just wanted to see how their customer service department reacts, and now I know and so do you.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:00 am

Am had a disgusting experience with SQ suite class before. My outbound experience was fantastic, I rated it my best inflight experience up till today.

The cabin was not really clean. Only 2 passengers on board.
An used sock was still on the ottoman under the blanket. So I was moved to another suite. Again, the little compartment for rubbish was still filled with some garbage.

The cabin crew was so embarrassing with the situation. Sadly the IFM didn't come to apologize personally.

So I filed a complain online, no reply till I emailed them. Return with a standard unpersonal reply.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have found several times that SQ publishes the same wine and drinks menu for short, medium and long haul flights. However, on the short haul flights they often only carry a subset of the wines on menu. Several times I saw a Riesling on the J menu and then learned that none was loaded / available on my flight (e.g. to DPS). IFS (well IFM now) advised it was only offered on meduim and longhaul flights. Could be similar to the Red wine case OP experienced.

Nowadays short haul the menu is just a leaflet type page in J showing meal choices and no drinks are listed any longer which is one way to eliminate the issue. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.