Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

does SQ release more Business award seat to *A if booked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:47 am
Original Poster

I already booked MLE-SIN segment on ANA website for Sept honeymoon. There was no business seat when searching for two, but I'm seeing a business availability for just one.

Does SQ release more J seats if one available is booked or is that it for *A? so I can change one to J now and hope to change the other ticket later?

Thanks in adv!

*side question. I saw on website Infant mile redeem is 100% of adult now??

Please note that a child or infant nominee requires the same number of KrisFlyer miles for travel awards. Please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services to redeem an award ticket for your infant.

Last edited by larciel; Jan 15, 2019 at 12:48 am Reason: additional Q
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
SQ has a concept called waitlist. Find more info here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...clear-113.html and on the SQ website.

Infant SEAT redemption is the same as an adult. In this situation the infant will get a seat to themselves. If your infant will travel in a bassinet or can share your seat it will be 10% of the revenue ticket cost.
larciel likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:22 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by larciel
I already booked MLE-SIN segment on ANA website for Sept honeymoon. There was no business seat when searching for two, but I'm seeing a business availability for just one.

Does SQ release more J seats if one available is booked or is that it for *A? so I can change one to J now and hope to change the other ticket later?

Thanks in adv!...
Just to clarify. Are you trying to book SQ flights through SQ or ANA?
larciel likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Seems like OP is booking SQ business class "i" inventory through *A partner programs. If that's the case, my experience has always reliably yielded the same outcome and answer: No. It seems to me that 1 SQ J-class seat, under I Inventory per flight, is made available across all *A partners and non *A partners (Virgin Atlantic etc), depending on variables such as Starnet blocking (Aegean etc), and certain metal being excluded (e.g., no J/F redemption on A380/777/A350 etc using Virgin Atlantic miles etc.). On the last bit, the exception to this is when SQ randomly released AKL-SIN/SIN-AKL Suites Class O award inventory to ALL partner programs for a period of 5 days. That was a rare occurrence I reckon.
larciel likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Seems like OP is booking SQ business class "i" inventory through *A partner programs. If that's the case, my experience has always reliably yielded the same outcome and answer: No. It seems to me that 1 SQ J-class seat, under I Inventory per flight, is made available across all *A partners and non *A partners (Virgin Atlantic etc), depending on variables such as Starnet blocking (Aegean etc), and certain metal being excluded (e.g., no J/F redemption on A380/777/A350 etc using Virgin Atlantic miles etc.). On the last bit, the exception to this is when SQ randomly released AKL-SIN/SIN-AKL Suites Class O award inventory to ALL partner programs for a period of 5 days. That was a rare occurrence I reckon.
Exactly right. and thanks for the confirmation. I probably will ticket business for my wife and I take economy.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Lap child infant on honeymoon flight? Just so you know, cant check a shotgun on SQ.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:48 pm

Exactly right. and thanks for the confirmation. I probably will ticket business for my wife and I take economy.
Yeah probably the best thing to do. I had a read around some other forum posts last night, and it seems like some people report SQ opening up I class inventory multiple times for the same flight but across different partners and after periods of time, spreading out the redemptions I guess and load/revenue management? I'll try pull up the post from my safari history when I get back after work, but it sounds like it does happen though the occurrence is exceedingly rare, think the route the poster had mentioned was SIN-BKK having more than 3 seats in J for partner redemption a few times. Though,as I said above, it has never happened for me and I would hazard a guess that I've booked upwards of 20 SQ business flights across various partner programs in the last 2 years...true unicorn status to find more than 1 seat on partner programs
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Completely the wrong priorities IMHO
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:42 pm

Yeah probably the best thing to do. I had a read around some other forum posts last night, and it seems like some people report SQ opening up I class inventory multiple times for the same flight but across different partners and after periods of time, spreading out the redemptions I guess and load/revenue management? I'll try pull up the post from my safari history when I get back after work, but it sounds like it does happen though the occurrence is exceedingly rare, think the route the poster had mentioned was SIN-BKK having more than 3 seats in J for partner redemption a few times. Though,as I said above, it has never happened for me and I would hazard a guess that I've booked upwards of 20 SQ business flights across various partner programs in the last 2 years...true unicorn status to find more than 1 seat on partner programs
Interestingly SQ who almost never open up business class inventory to United often make inventory available on the SIN-CBR-SIN flight (I have an Award seat in the week leading up to Easter booked via MP)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Interestingly SQ who almost never open up business class inventory to United often make inventory available on the SIN-CBR-SIN flight (I have an Award seat in the week leading up to Easter booked via MP)
SIN-CBR is the 777-200 with old regional angle flat business class right? Think it continues onto Wellington iirc. Makes sense there would be more award seats available on that route and metal, especially given that it is neither a marquee hard product nor a busy casual traveller route, mostly A/NZ politicians and aides.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:45 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
SIN-CBR is the 777-200 with old regional angle flat business class right? Think it continues onto Wellington iirc. Makes sense there would be more award seats available on that route and metal, especially given that it is neither a marquee hard product nor a busy casual traveller route, mostly A/NZ politicians and aides.
SIN-CBR is a 777-300ER.

The WLG flight now goes via MEL to SIN. You would be surprised how many "casual" travellers are on board in business.

I have done the flight a few times now.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base
SIN-CBR is a 777-300ER.

The WLG flight now goes via MEL to SIN. You would be surprised how many "casual" travellers are on board in business.

I have done the flight a few times now.
Yeah I'm not disputing load on WLG-MEL-SIN.

Anyway, re CBR, guess the CBR-WLG route was not worthwhile as a tag flight then?

SIN-MEL-WLG-MEL-SIN sounds awesome,
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
So I am in the same boat...errr...plane. I have a SQ flight NRT-SIN-SYD but the first leg is in Y and second in J with hopes of J opening up. Should I dash my hopes and look for other J class NRT-SIN and change my aeroplan ticket?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:34 pm

Anyway, re CBR, guess the CBR-WLG route was not worthwhile as a tag flight then?
I imagine someone in marketing thought a capital-to-capital flight was sustainable; I wonder how long MEL-WLG will last
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I imagine someone in marketing thought a capital-to-capital flight was sustainable; I wonder how long MEL-WLG will last
Up to 10 years per the agreement signed between SQ and Wellington City Council - the Council (actually ratepayers) is subsidising SQ by millions over the 10 years to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.