FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   does SQ release more Business award seat to *A if booked? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1951090-does-sq-release-more-business-award-seat-if-booked.html)

larciel Jan 15, 2019 12:47 am

does SQ release more Business award seat to *A if booked?

I already booked MLE-SIN segment on ANA website for Sept honeymoon. There was no business seat when searching for two, but I'm seeing a business availability for just one.

Does SQ release more J seats if one available is booked or is that it for *A? so I can change one to J now and hope to change the other ticket later?

Thanks in adv!

*side question. I saw on website Infant mile redeem is 100% of adult now??

Please note that a child or infant nominee requires the same number of KrisFlyer miles for travel awards. Please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services to redeem an award ticket for your infant.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 15, 2019 1:50 am

SQ has a concept called waitlist. Find more info here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...clear-113.html and on the SQ website.

Infant SEAT redemption is the same as an adult. In this situation the infant will get a seat to themselves. If your infant will travel in a bassinet or can share your seat it will be 10% of the revenue ticket cost.

WLG Base Jan 15, 2019 2:22 am

Originally Posted by larciel (Post 30656155)
I already booked MLE-SIN segment on ANA website for Sept honeymoon. There was no business seat when searching for two, but I'm seeing a business availability for just one.

Does SQ release more J seats if one available is booked or is that it for *A? so I can change one to J now and hope to change the other ticket later?

Thanks in adv!...

Just to clarify. Are you trying to book SQ flights through SQ or ANA?

cuzzybro Jan 15, 2019 5:47 am

Seems like OP is booking SQ business class "i" inventory through *A partner programs. If that's the case, my experience has always reliably yielded the same outcome and answer: No. It seems to me that 1 SQ J-class seat, under I Inventory per flight, is made available across all *A partners and non *A partners (Virgin Atlantic etc), depending on variables such as Starnet blocking (Aegean etc), and certain metal being excluded (e.g., no J/F redemption on A380/777/A350 etc using Virgin Atlantic miles etc.). On the last bit, the exception to this is when SQ randomly released AKL-SIN/SIN-AKL Suites Class O award inventory to ALL partner programs for a period of 5 days. That was a rare occurrence I reckon.

larciel Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by cuzzybro (Post 30656757)
Seems like OP is booking SQ business class "i" inventory through *A partner programs. If that's the case, my experience has always reliably yielded the same outcome and answer: No. It seems to me that 1 SQ J-class seat, under I Inventory per flight, is made available across all *A partners and non *A partners (Virgin Atlantic etc), depending on variables such as Starnet blocking (Aegean etc), and certain metal being excluded (e.g., no J/F redemption on A380/777/A350 etc using Virgin Atlantic miles etc.). On the last bit, the exception to this is when SQ randomly released AKL-SIN/SIN-AKL Suites Class O award inventory to ALL partner programs for a period of 5 days. That was a rare occurrence I reckon.

Exactly right. and thanks for the confirmation. I probably will ticket business for my wife and I take economy.

KosherKimchee Jan 15, 2019 10:39 am

Lap child infant on honeymoon flight? Just so you know, cant check a shotgun on SQ.

cuzzybro Jan 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by larciel (Post 30657621)
Exactly right. and thanks for the confirmation. I probably will ticket business for my wife and I take economy.

Yeah probably the best thing to do. I had a read around some other forum posts last night, and it seems like some people report SQ opening up I class inventory multiple times for the same flight but across different partners and after periods of time, spreading out the redemptions I guess and load/revenue management? I'll try pull up the post from my safari history when I get back after work, but it sounds like it does happen though the occurrence is exceedingly rare, think the route the poster had mentioned was SIN-BKK having more than 3 seats in J for partner redemption a few times. Though,as I said above, it has never happened for me and I would hazard a guess that I've booked upwards of 20 SQ business flights across various partner programs in the last 2 years...true unicorn status to find more than 1 seat on partner programs

RTWFF Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by larciel (Post 30657621)

Completely the wrong priorities IMHO

RTWFF Jan 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by cuzzybro (Post 30658993)
Yeah probably the best thing to do. I had a read around some other forum posts last night, and it seems like some people report SQ opening up I class inventory multiple times for the same flight but across different partners and after periods of time, spreading out the redemptions I guess and load/revenue management? I'll try pull up the post from my safari history when I get back after work, but it sounds like it does happen though the occurrence is exceedingly rare, think the route the poster had mentioned was SIN-BKK having more than 3 seats in J for partner redemption a few times. Though,as I said above, it has never happened for me and I would hazard a guess that I've booked upwards of 20 SQ business flights across various partner programs in the last 2 years...true unicorn status to find more than 1 seat on partner programs

Interestingly SQ who almost never open up business class inventory to United often make inventory available on the SIN-CBR-SIN flight (I have an Award seat in the week leading up to Easter booked via MP)

cuzzybro Jan 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 30659347)
Interestingly SQ who almost never open up business class inventory to United often make inventory available on the SIN-CBR-SIN flight (I have an Award seat in the week leading up to Easter booked via MP)

SIN-CBR is the 777-200 with old regional angle flat business class right? Think it continues onto Wellington iirc. Makes sense there would be more award seats available on that route and metal, especially given that it is neither a marquee hard product nor a busy casual traveller route, mostly A/NZ politicians and aides.

WLG Base Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by cuzzybro (Post 30663439)
SIN-CBR is the 777-200 with old regional angle flat business class right? Think it continues onto Wellington iirc. Makes sense there would be more award seats available on that route and metal, especially given that it is neither a marquee hard product nor a busy casual traveller route, mostly A/NZ politicians and aides.

SIN-CBR is a 777-300ER.

The WLG flight now goes via MEL to SIN. You would be surprised how many "casual" travellers are on board in business.

I have done the flight a few times now.

cuzzybro Jan 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base (Post 30663495)
SIN-CBR is a 777-300ER.

The WLG flight now goes via MEL to SIN. You would be surprised how many "casual" travellers are on board in business.

I have done the flight a few times now.

Yeah I'm not disputing load on WLG-MEL-SIN.

Anyway, re CBR, guess the CBR-WLG route was not worthwhile as a tag flight then?

SIN-MEL-WLG-MEL-SIN sounds awesome,

aeroman380 Jan 18, 2019 6:37 pm

So I am in the same boat...errr...plane. I have a SQ flight NRT-SIN-SYD but the first leg is in Y and second in J with hopes of J opening up. Should I dash my hopes and look for other J class NRT-SIN and change my aeroplan ticket?

RTWFF Jan 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by cuzzybro (Post 30664369)
Anyway, re CBR, guess the CBR-WLG route was not worthwhile as a tag flight then?

I imagine someone in marketing thought a capital-to-capital flight was sustainable; I wonder how long MEL-WLG will last

Thai-Kiwi Jan 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 30676255)
I imagine someone in marketing thought a capital-to-capital flight was sustainable; I wonder how long MEL-WLG will last

Up to 10 years per the agreement signed between SQ and Wellington City Council - the Council (actually ratepayers) is subsidising SQ by millions over the 10 years to fly.