Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

New Singapore A380 Plane Swap to old A380 suites PVG - SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Singapore A380 Plane Swap to old A380 suites PVG - SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1 Million Miler, SQ Gold
I believe Singapore now has 6 planes with the new config.

9V-SKQ was quietly rolled out Jan 9 and has flown to HKG, FRA-JFK, SYD (the frequency not regularly served by the new A380s) and BJS. I don't have first hand confirmation, but why would a plane sit in the hangar for 4.5 months and not be retrofitted? I'm betting another retroffited one (9V-SKS) would come out end of March. 9V-SKF went into the hangar about a week ago. At 4.5 months per retrofit, this will keep to Singapore's intended completion date of end of 2020.

RoutesOnline is saying Singapore filed for a change in A380 passenger aircraft capacity effective 01 June (379-seater to 441-seater) for the SIN-FRA-JFK route. Singapore should have at least 8 retrofitted aircraft by June if my calculations are correct. That should increase retrofitted reliability shouldn't it?

Last edited by carl9331; Jan 19, 2019 at 1:48 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:43 am
THR

Presume you mean 3 retrofitted and 5 new for a total of 8?

I have two A380 flights in October — SYD SIN and SIN NRT. Will be interesting if either are retrofitted by then.

(RoutesOnline have the same change from 787 to A380 for NRT from April 27.)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by carl9331
I believe Singapore now has 6 planes with the new config.

9V-SKQ was quietly rolled out Jan 9 and has flown to HKG, FRA-JFK, SYD (the frequency not regularly served by the new A380s) and BJS. I don't have first hand confirmation, but why would a plane sit in the hangar for 4.5 months and not be retrofitted? I'm betting another retroffited one (9V-SKS) would come out end of March. 9V-SKF went into the hangar about a week ago. At 4.5 months per retrofit, this will keep to Singapore's intended completion date of end of 2020.

RoutesOnline is saying Singapore filed for a change in A380 passenger aircraft capacity effective 01 June (379-seater to 441-seater) for the SIN-FRA-JFK route. Singapore should have at least 8 retrofitted aircraft by June if my calculations are correct. That should increase retrofitted reliability shouldn't it?
9V-SKQ is still in old config (12 first class suite) as per expertflyer n trial booking done last week when it was doing SQ861.

The maintainance for Each A380 seem to take 3-4 months.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm flying JFK-FRA-SIN on my way to Thailand and back again for my July Thailand/Singapore trip. I'm booked in Business Class going and Suites coming back. I would love, love, love to be on one of the new planes.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
SQ proactively contacted me a couple of days ago to inform me that the A380 on SIN-PVG on my departure date will feature the old Suites instead of the new ones. They also offered to change the ticket to the day before or after (free of charge, including for my brother's separate award ticket in J) which I agreed to as I am flexible.

Really appreciated this, especially since I am on an award ticket and that there was no award availability on the day before or after when I originally booked my ticket. Not sure if this means they freed up a seat for me or if award seats had subsequently become available, but much appreciated nonetheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.