Search

Redeeming a new A380 suite class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, OZ
Redeeming a new A380 suite class

Hi all,

Deciding to use my miles to try the suite class for first time.
I have done research on the routes of the new suite class.

My question here is, do you think it is very different on the new A380 vs the old A380 suite class?
There are limited saver ticket available on the new A380 suite, easier to redeem on inbound flight to SG. So my another question is, is the first class experience in Changi airport (i.e. lounge) really great (compared to, say, LHR) ? Because, if I redeem the inbound ticket, I will not get to enjoy the experience.

I did experienced both Silver Kris lounge (business class) in SIN and LHR before.

I do have just enough miles for outbound and inbound suite class redemption, but I thought to save the miles for other redemption, hence, probably just try the suite class once.

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ShenW
Hi all,

Deciding to use my miles to try the suite class for first time.
I have done research on the routes of the new suite class.

My question here is, do you think it is very different on the new A380 vs the old A380 suite class?
There are limited saver ticket available on the new A380 suite, easier to redeem on inbound flight to SG. So my another question is, is the first class experience in Changi airport (i.e. lounge) really great (compared to, say, LHR) ? Because, if I redeem the inbound ticket, I will not get to enjoy the experience.

I did experienced both Silver Kris lounge (business class) in SIN and LHR before.

I do have just enough miles for outbound and inbound suite class redemption, but I thought to save the miles for other redemption, hence, probably just try the suite class once.

Thanks
New suite class is completely different than old one. Not comparable. First class experience is nothing special in Changi nor in LHR. Taxes are much lower (21SGD)when redeeming from SIN.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Agree. While the old suites are still quite excellent the new suites are a marked improvement.

Also you’ll get TPR access in SIN irrespective of whether you’re arriving or departing and is a decent experience. No idea about the lounge in LHR but I don’t think it will be as good as TPR.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, OZ
Originally Posted by Jaenks
New suite class is completely different than old one. Not comparable. First class experience is nothing special in Changi nor in LHR. Taxes are much lower (21SGD)when redeeming from SIN.
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Agree. While the old suites are still quite excellent the new suites are a marked improvement.

Also you’ll get TPR access in SIN irrespective of whether you’re arriving or departing and is a decent experience. No idea about the lounge in LHR but I don’t think it will be as good as TPR.
Just to confirm, you guys means I should try to aim for the new suite since it is way better than the old one?
By the way, TPR means the private room? even arrival in SIN can still access?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ShenW
Just to confirm, you guys means I should try to aim for the new suite since it is way better than the old one?
By the way, TPR means the private room? even arrival in SIN can still access?
Yes - go for the new suites.

Yes - TPR means The Private Room

Yes - you can use TPR as a arrival lounge when you land in Singapore.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:20 pm

Can you get suite redemption on SIN-LHR route? I thought it wasn't available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.