Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to DXB Mixed Cabin Award Pricing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

LAX to DXB Mixed Cabin Award Pricing

Thought there would be a thread devoted to all mixed cabin award pricing, but didn't find one, so started one for my particular situation.
Just want to make sure I am not out to lunch.
I want to fly from LAX to DXB in first class with a three day stopover in SIN. I really thought I had phrased it correctly when I put it exactly like this when I called to book. I knew that the leg from SIN to DXB would not be available in first and when she told me this, I told her it was okay to downgrade that leg to business.
LAX to DXB, all in first, without a stopover, is 143,000 miles according to their calculator (when it works), however, she priced my itinerary at 163,000 miles, which is 118,000 LAX to SIN in first plus 45,000 SIN to DXB in business. She has put this on hold for me (for 10 months!) and the itinerary shows that this includes a stopover on the LAX to SIN leg, so she doesn't seem to have treated this as two different bookings.
Am I wrong here, thinking that I should only be charged the 143,000 miles?
On another note, is there any way to waitlist for the SIN to DXB leg in first, or do I have to watch it and hope for the best?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Assuming you are booking a one way saver award, there is no free stopover permitted in that case. That only applies to the higher priced award option. That may be why the agent split the booking. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Dec 20, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.