Wiki Posts
Search

Suites Seatmap Change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Suites Seatmap Change

Hi FT,

Looking for advice and opinions on how to handle the following...

1) Booked Suites on the Singapore-London route for July 2019 (This award was booked right around when space opened)
2) At time of booking confirmed I had selected the A380 route, and also completed the selection of our seats
3) Seat map at the time was showing 6 seats for Suites

Now when I check the seat map, the configuration shows the old setup of 12 seats in Suites. I have emailed Krisflyer and they have just given me the standard answers. The most recent answer was that their new Suites only flies to a whole list of cities that included London! I have yet to reply to that email.

Should I be concerned that Singapore is going to put the old Suites product back on Singapore-London in the middle of July 2019? Any idea why the seat map would have changed on me? Finally, what's the best way to address this with Singapore/Krisflyer?

Thank you!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:21 am

aircraft can swap at any point.
epigram likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:31 am
THR

You could look to switch dates - of course, pending availability.

Otherwise it seems they have swapped out for the old suites.

There is no recompense due or that will be provided...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
If you are an aviation blogger or flight report youtuber, you might want to contact their social media department.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:36 pm

Nothing doing here - equipment swaps happen all the time
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:17 am

SQ322 still have the new suites in July 2019. Not sure which date TS have booked ?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Understand that equipment changes happen all the time. That is out of my control.

However, Singapore has hyped the new Singapore-London route with having the new Suites configuration. I've received emails from them stating that the London route does have this new layout, but they are not providing any updates on why the seat map is still showing the old 12 seat Suites cabin for the date I have booked. If it's a equipment change, glitch in the system, or if they are pulling the new Suites off the Singapore-London route.

I have gone back through the booking process a few times to confirm that the date I have booked does NOT have multiple A380s flying on that day. For the date I have booked, I am on the only A380 serving the London route. All the other flights are on the 777 equipment.

Does Expert Flyer work for Singapore Airlines to see seatmaps/available seats? Avoid having to manually go through the booking process on different dates to see if it shows the 12 seat or 6 seat Suites cabin.

Thanks again for everyone's input!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mark Garretson
Understand that equipment changes happen all the time. That is out of my control.

Does Expert Flyer work for Singapore Airlines to see seatmaps/available seats? Avoid having to manually go through the booking process on different dates to see if it shows the 12 seat or 6 seat Suites cabin.
Yes, ExpertFlyer does show SQ seat maps. Long time subscriber, and it is precisely for reasons like this that the search and alert functionalities I find so useful.

It was very easy to search seat maps for SQ308 and I can report that from 1-7 Jul 2019 are all showing 12F 388 variant...

Edited to add: every day in Jul 2019 SQ308 is 388 in 12F configuration
Further: I didn't see the other daily 388 flight SQ322 for some reason

I had a quick look elsewhere and can see the 6F version flying to ZRH.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm Reason: Corrected results
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My guess would be that it is either maintenance or demand driven swap.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:19 pm

Just flew SIN-HKG and seatmap showed new F until 3 days before travel when it changed to old F Suites . Was excited to try new F but still enjoy the old suites . Interesting to note that the flight went out with 7 or 8 folks in F so change likely due to increased demand .
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:51 pm

There is 2 daily A380 service to London. Not sure why TS said that there is only one.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
There is 2 daily A380 service to London. Not sure why TS said that there is only one.
error

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
It's too early to be worried. I would check again in 3, at most 4 months out.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Mark, this is the airline biz. You may recall that United started hyping their wonderful new Polaris long ago with an incredible marketing blitz … the planes, however, never actually got online. A few, then a couple more... Polaris planes have been staggering onto the tarmac for probably two years. Since I understand that some of their business cabins are 2-4-2 … yes 2-4-2 … I've always expected some kind of revolt from the loyal passengers. In a normal business, this would quite embarrassing, but with an airline it's business as usual. I always know that by booking long-term, I'm subject to this kind of issue. So far I haven't been caught but It's just a matter of time. You do have time before your trip, so hope for the best.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:12 pm

Believe that the TS did not check the flight number. There are 4 flight to London. Nowadays it seem like SQ322 does not open for award booking 355 days out. So there is only 2x777 n SQ308 for awards booking 355 days out. So he just book (assuming that it is the new suite).

as per another thread, SQ308 should be getting the new suites wef 1st sept 2019. (The schedule might change though )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.