Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

anyone gotten comped status on another FFP from PPS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold

just wondering if anyone here has successfully used their PPS or KF Elite status to get comped status on another FFP (oneworld or NW), particularly that airline's SIN offices?

i'm thinking of grabbing some of the current ridiculously cheap NW fares ex-SIN, and wouldn't mind some of those 100% or more status bonuses to boot, thank you very much...
Old Feb 4, 2004, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Very interesting concept. I would also be interested to know if the PPS pitch would work.

I have a good friend based in SIN that has been using NW's business class product for quite a while and always has good reviews. I have never tried it, maybe this is a good opportunity.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Feb 4, 2004, 12:42 pm

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, LH Senator, NW SilverElite, CX & BD
I am not PPS, since i m not rich enough to be... and always been in Y
but i have got SQ Elite GOld, sent that to NW, then got a NW gold card!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kelvinbee:
i have got SQ Elite GOld, sent that to NW, then got a NW gold card!</font>
excellent! which NW office did you communicate with and how long did it take? thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 5:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Same for NW. They gave me 2 years of NW Gold. Unfortunately hardly used. They used to have the form available online for comping FFP status, not sure if it is still there.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 4:52 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fimo:
Same for NW. They gave me 2 years of NW Gold. Unfortunately hardly used. They used to have the form available online for comping FFP status, not sure if it is still there.</font>
two years of Gold is pretty good...

so you requested online, or did you contact NW in SIN?? how long did they take?? thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 5:57 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
IIRC, it was NW that contacted me - they sent me an invitation to be comped to NW based on whatever status I had elsewhere. This was in the post 9-11 environment though, when all the airlines were trying to get business, so I'm not sure if such offers still stand.

I remember that the comp came through quite quickly, within a couple of weeks I was sent the tags and all. I have only used NW to credit MH miles though. :P Really have no opportunity to travel on NW given my travel destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.