Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short *A connection ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Short *A connection ZRH

I arrive in Zurich from Athens and have a layover of 1hr20m before departing to Singapore. Is this enough time to transfer in ZRH and have my bags through-checked? Note I am on an Aegean ticket from ATH-ZRH, and a Singapore Airlines ticket from ZRH-SIN.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
So you are on two separate tickets? In that case you don’t have a connection and consequently no protection should you not present yourself for boarding for the flight to SIN. 1h20 should be enough time to changes planes at ZRH, though you will be changing terminals as well. If you’ll have checked luggage you’ll need to go landslide and pick it up, only to check it in again (I do not believe A3 will interline on separate ticket.). If your flight is delayed or cancelled, you’ll have to buy a new ticket to SIN.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Personally I would see about changing to an earlier A3 flight.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:31 am

Too risky, too easy to miss connection with a tight connection.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjjohn
Too risky, too easy to miss connection with a tight connection.
There is no connection here!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is no connection here!
True, but I think the general public commonly refers to such instances as connections, even when they are transfers without protection, and it's also used quite loosely across FT itself.

Look at all the threads across the various forums dedicated to MCT and you'll see that many of the queries refer to things which are not connections in the sense you describe. It's still convenient to use MCT as an acronym though.
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
80 minutes at ZRH is more than sufficient if (i) A3 checks your bags through, (ii) your A3 flight is on time, and (iii) you're able to check-in online for the SQ flight. So not much margin for error and I personally wouldn't do it.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Never advisable to do short “connections” when on separate bookings, and second flight is long haul - unless on an extremely flexible fare that can be easily changed if you look like missing the “connection”.

Certainly would want at least 3 hours, if not more time, up my sleeve, doing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.