Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ232 SYD-SIN New A380 suites saver award ever clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Hi experts,
Has anyone able to redeem SQ232 SYD-SIN new A380 suites at saver award rate of 80K miles ?
I am 0/5 when wait listed for this particular route. If they never intend to clear why bother with allowing pax to wait list at all.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by hondaman82
If they never intend to clear why bother with allowing pax to wait list at all.
Because if people don't buy a seat the waitlist may clear.

Why would they clear a wait list when people are prepared to pay $5k+ for a ticket?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:10 am
THR

There is incredibly high demand for this route at the moment. Not surprised they don't clear.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:20 am

At least u given the chance to waitlist
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
SQ only allows waitlisting where there is a chance of being cleared. Otherwise the waitlist is closed and you can only waitlist for Advantage awards for twice the miles.

I have successfully cleared two waitlist for saver awards: one SIN-SYD, one SIN-HKG.

The new Suite product is indeed in high demand and it is often difficult to get A class confirmed. SQ is only clearing waitlists very last minute for these flights and then by priority. Having been a PPS for ten years clearly helps in my case.

For anyone without PPS status I would strongly recommend to go via the Advantage award option. That's twice the miles but I know a number of people who got to try new Suites that way.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77

For anyone without PPS status I would strongly recommend to go via the Advantage award option. That's twice the miles but I know a number of people who got to try new Suites that way.
That's OK for a shorter flight e.g HKG - SIN for an extra 30K miles. But what if you gave up ~ 100K miles for SIN-LHR and they did an AC swap on the day? That would be a little upsetting.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by maxmin
That's OK for a shorter flight e.g HKG - SIN for an extra 30K miles. But what if you gave up ~ 100K miles for SIN-LHR and they did an AC swap on the day? That would be a little upsetting.
I am not aware of any aircraft swapping for new Suites since 18 December.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I couldn't even find a revenue seat on some days, never mind an award. I found one and took the last seat in Suite.

Even harder to come by is SIN-LHR vv in Suite - I have a window of 7 days and cannot find a revenue seat.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Going from 12 seats to 6 will make a huge difference in terms of availability.... There may be plenty of people waitlisted in front of someone who wants to redeem a saver award... upgrade, full redemption, etc..
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I couldn't even find a revenue seat on some days, never mind an award. I found one and took the last seat in Suite.

Even harder to come by is SIN-LHR vv in Suite - I have a window of 7 days and cannot find a revenue seat.
Which goes to show that regardless of it's shortcomings (with regard to the potential use of space per suite), a lot of people are still willing to spend cash. This will mean that award availability will be scarce until the fad dies down and another F product become the new thing to try.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:22 pm

I am working on a trip to Australia next year and I have a question about Singapore Airlines showing phantom award space. I have been able to find Suites Saver on the JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD flight on some dates, I wanted to make sure they weren't phantom before moving over my points.

When searching each route individually, there no saver availability for two on the same dates. I do see availability on the combined itinerary, but it includes the red-eye flight from SIN. I am seeing phantom availability, or is there availability because it is on the least desirable flight to try out the new suites.

I called and talked to a rep, but he was no help.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by mbush1721
I am working on a trip to Australia next year and I have a question about Singapore Airlines showing phantom award space. I have been able to find Suites Saver on the JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD flight on some dates, I wanted to make sure they weren't phantom before moving over my points.

When searching each route individually, there no saver availability for two on the same dates. I do see availability on the combined itinerary, but it includes the red-eye flight from SIN. I am seeing phantom availability, or is there availability because it is on the least desirable flight to try out the new suites.

I called and talked to a rep, but he was no help.
You won’t see phantom space if you’re looking for award space on SQ through the SQ website. Why do you think it’s phantom? Don’t worry about individual itineraries.

You should be able to book the seats directly yourself through the website or if you want to be extra cautious about transferring points... then call KF and ask them to reserve the seats, transfer the points and call and ask them to book. It will cost you the $25 booking fee.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:38 am

Thanks for the response. I guess I just have PTSD from a lack of saver awards on United and AA and getting excited about an award only to realize it is phantom.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mbush1721
Thanks for the response. I guess I just have PTSD from a lack of saver awards on United and AA and getting excited about an award only to realize it is phantom.
SQ does not release any first class seat to partner airlines.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:07 am

I know. I was referring to my experiences with booking award flights through other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.