Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to get multisegment ticket in PE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite
Unable to get multicity ticket in PE

I want to buy a multi-city flight in premium economy, DEL-SIN and SIN-SFO. The SQ site is not giving me an option to have both flights in P. It either shows DEL-SIN or SIN-SFO in P, but not both. I ran the flight on ITA Matrix and it gives me the same options.

However, if I look up using Expedia/Travelocity, they show me both the flights in premium economy, T class, with a slightly higher fare. Since both SQ 403 and SQ 32 do have PE, would it be safe to buy from Expedia/Travelocity and assume that both segments would actually be in PE like they show.

I understand airline websites often can't handle complex itineraries, which OTAs have no problem with, but don't really understand why SQ site doesn't price this straightforward combination. I just want to be sure it's not a phantom fare/availability on Expedia.

p.s. searched the forum and somebody had this same issue in '16, but no resolution was reported.

Last edited by Gobus; Jan 6, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:15 pm

Have you tried calling SQ to see if they can price the itinerary over the phone? Tell the agent the itinerary can't be priced on their website and they will waive the phone booking fee.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:58 pm

I think it has to do with the fact that although the actual itinerary is mixed class, it is still a PE fare basis (they have tons of these mixed W-Y fares to cater for the fact that some flights don't offer PE). As such, the website will return it as being valid for travel on PE even if the more significant segment is in Y. There is, like you said, a slightly more expensive PE fare (T class) that has both segments in PE but the website doesn't return it because it is probably only configured to return whichever is the cheaper combination.

Hopefully that makes sense. You should be able to get the call centre to price it if you tell them you would like both segments in T class.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by teoian
Have you tried calling SQ to see if they can price the itinerary over the phone? Tell the agent the itinerary can't be priced on their website and they will waive the phone booking fee.
LOL, I had one such itinerary. Called SQ 2 to 3 times, they could not do it on their end too. All of them claimed they will call back within 24 hours and I never got any call back.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
You can most likely book it through reputable OTAs such as Expedia with no problem but make sure that the fare class is correct; i.e. it is a fare class for premium economy - P is for standard, S and T for flexi (starting January 20, 2018, currently they're all just PEY). Note, that in case of issues with the booking such as re-booking or cancellation or other changes you will need to contact the OTA. Also, the OTA may be booking this as 2 separate tickets (DEL-SIN-DEL with a SIN-SFO-SIN booking inside) so make sure you have a good buffer between flights.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

okay, I'll try calling and seeing what they say. Can they make the reservation for me to complete payment online? It would be great if I could look at what they have done before I pay.

Will report if they were able to do it.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Gobus
okay, I'll try calling and seeing what they say. Can they make the reservation for me to complete payment online? It would be great if I could look at what they have done before I pay.

Will report if they were able to do it.
Not sure if payment can be made online, but I doubt so. From my experience, the payment is done over the phone and the confirmation is instant with the e-ticket being immediately sent to your email. Best to confirm the fare classes for all sectors are indeed for PY before proceeding with payment.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Not sure if payment can be made online, but I doubt so. From my experience, the payment is done over the phone and the confirmation is instant with the e-ticket being immediately sent to your email. Best to confirm the fare classes for all sectors are indeed for PY before proceeding with payment.
Since the ticket has a flight to the US, I should be able to cancel within 24 hours if something was not right, correct?

I remember the time I did everything by phone with no web, but now I'm just so used to seeing everything in front of me, ha!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They can email you the itinerary while you're on the call. You can review it before paying via the phone. They'll hold while you do that.

Alternatively they can send you the itinerary and you can review it and call them back later to issue the ticket.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Okay, I called the US ticketing number (call center in Philippines guessing by the accent). I gave the agent the exact dates/flights I was looking at. She confirmed for me that the booking classes were different on the two flights and that I likely would not be able to book it online and that she would waive the telephone fee for booking this ticket. Even she had to work at it for a bit to make it work. She quoted me a price, which was the same as quoted by Expedia/Travelocity. She was able to retrieve my e-mail from my KF account and sent a reservation confirmation by e-mail. After I looked over it, I had her ticket it for me. Haven't gotten the confirmation for that yet but she said it would take a while for that one to come.

So, in the end, I was able to get both the segments on one ticket in T class for the same price as OTAs. Feel much better having it booked directly with SQ. Also happy with the customer rep - she was competent in understanding the issue and doing the work.

Thanks for all the help!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gobus
Since the ticket has a flight to the US, I should be able to cancel within 24 hours if something was not right, correct?
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...tions-refunds/

If youve purchased a ticket for a flight to or from the USA, you may cancel your ticket without penalty within 24 hours of your booking as long as its more than a week before your flight departs. To ensure that you get a full refund, your cancellation must be made with your local Singapore Airlines office.
(not always the case, eg emirates is only flights departing USA)
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...onditions.aspx

For itineraries booked on emirates.com/us that originate from the US, where the booking is made seven days or more prior to flight departure, you may request a refund within 24 hours of booking without penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.