Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Cancel redemption booking, KF miles taxes refund takes forever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Just cancelled my redemption booking 2 weeks ago and the miles + taxes are still not refunded to my account yet? Is it normal?

I reside in Singapore, and the booking was for JFK-SIN. SQ said because the ticket was not issued in Singapore, it takes time for the refund.

What's your experiences like?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by behyx
Just cancelled my redemption booking 2 weeks ago and the miles + taxes are still not refunded to my account yet? Is it normal?

I reside in Singapore, and the booking was for JFK-SIN. SQ said because the ticket was not issued in Singapore, it takes time for the refund.

Haven’t had the need to get a refund on SQ but EVA Air took me 4 weeks to get a refund, I was warned could take anything up to 3 months though.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by behyx

​​​​​​Might take up to 6 weeks. The most recent cancellation I did, it wasn't a refund per se, more than like cancellation of the initial charge. Just for the record, mine was charged in SGD.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I see thanks all! Yup mine was charged in USD. Just puzzled why such long wait haha!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Just an update, as I have another urgent redemption to make, I called SQ to see if they could expedite the refund of miles and $. They managed to do so! The miles are reinstated almost immediately. Very impressed
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I canceled a MI J RT and miles took about 8-10 days to get returned. The taxes refund is still pending after 14 days and to be fair SQ advised it would take around 3 weeks. This seems to be normal these days.

If miles are needed urgently you can tell the agent when cancelling and they can redeposit miles right away. However, this is exception process and not standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.