Wiki Posts
Search

SQ1 no longer daily?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
SQ1 no longer daily?

I just recently received a notification from SQ saying my flight on SQ1 on 2/10/18 was cancelled and rescheduled as SQ601 on 2/9/18. Does anybody know what happened? The flight schedule on SQ's website (not the reservation tool) was just updated to show that SQ1 is no longer daily and that SQ601 is replacing the holes in the schedule (at least for the week of 2/4/18 as far as I can tell). The even stranger part is that I can't even book SQ601, as I now need to make a separate booking for the same flights on the same date for a friend.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Appears to be a temporary schedule change since SQ2 is not affected and only SQ 1 flights for certain days in February are affected (January and March-onwards show daily schedules).
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
CNY...Reduced schedule...

BTW - if you check SQ1/2, don't just check HKG-SIN segment, check the HKG-SFO segment as well.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by garykung
CNY...Reduced schedule...
Sorry, that's wrong. The flight is still daily, and these changes are taking place *before* CNY. If anything, SQ loads will be extremely high around CNY. Why would they reduce schedule?!?

What is really going on here is that these are the dates for the Singapore Air Show. As such, the flights have been very mildly re-timed so as to avoid arrivals at SIN which coincide with the airshow timings, when the airspace will be restricted or closed.

The reason for the change in flight number is that the re-timed flights are technically on the same day as the flight the day prior, and having the same flight number would cause a conflict (e.g. you can't have two separate SQ1 SFO-HKQ operating on the exact same date). So they have been changed so as to avoid confusion in scheduling and in flight planning systems -- not to mention confusion among customers.
arthursiew and cowie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.