Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie here flying (F)irst

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:58 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by wavery83
Nice one. Do we check when we're at the terminal?

Is Good Friday an issue for booking in Singapore?
You may check at the terminal , or on board with the passenger ( s) .
But if any other takes your fancy before your trip , can always confirm ahead .

Good Friday maybe an issue being a long weekend .
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:33 am
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP
Two of my SQ flight seqments are now listed as waitlisted. I had previously selected seats on these flights but now I cannot verify those seats or select other seats.

I was checking my reservation because there have been a couple of reports of peoples flights not booking correctly through Aeroplan on TK and SQ and ended up being cancelled when they checked in. I understand how far out these flights are but now I'm curious what this means.

5. Denpasar Bali to Singapore
FLIGHT SQ 949 Business (I) Waitlisted
DPS 21:45
Denpasar Bali
19 Aug (Sun), Ngurah Rai Intl, Terminal Int'l

Singapore Airlines

SIN 00:20
Singapore
20 Aug (Mon), Changi Intl,

6. Singapore to Seoul
FLIGHT SQ 600 Business (I) Waitlisted
SIN 08:00
Singapore
20 Aug (Mon), Changi Intl, Terminal 3

Singapore Airlines

ICN 15:35
Seoul
20 Aug (Mon), Incheon Intl,
Total travel time 6hrs 35mins

Last edited by FB_; Oct 13, 2017 at 9:41 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:38 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Looks like there was a schedule change, SQ600 is the offending flight.

We are now booked as follows

SQ949 DPS 21:45 - 00:20 SIN (Business) as before
SQ008 SIN 02:25 - 09:50 ICN (Business) New

I was told there is not First on this flight but the seat map shows business from 12 - 14 & 15 - 23 which would be a 77W according to seatguru, which appears to have 4 first class seats. Anyway no complaints.

This gives us 10 hours in ICN which looks like a great amount of time to head into the city and explore using one of the free tours or travel on our own.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by FB_
Looks like there was a schedule change, SQ600 is the offending flight.

We are now booked as follows

SQ949 DPS 21:45 - 00:20 SIN (Business) as before
SQ008 SIN 02:25 - 09:50 ICN (Business) New

I was told there is not First on this flight but the seat map shows business from 12 - 14 & 15 - 23 which would be a 77W according to seatguru, which appears to have 4 first class seats. Anyway no complaints.

This gives us 10 hours in ICN which looks like a great amount of time to head into the city and explore using one of the free tours or travel on our own.
Not sure why anyone would tell you this. SQ8 continues on to the US. All US flights have F with the exception of the couple of cities served by the A350. Very fortunate change by the way. You now get a proper business class seat.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:30 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaze
Not sure why anyone would tell you this. SQ8 continues on to the US. All US flights have F with the exception of the couple of cities served by the A350. Very fortunate change by the way. You now get a proper business class seat.
He may just have meant there were no reward first seats. Honestly I can't find any Aeroplan reward seats on this flight even in economy so as I said I'll take it.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Phaze
Agreed

Originally Posted by FB_
He may just have meant there were no reward first seats. Honestly I can't find any Aeroplan reward seats on this flight even in economy so as I said I'll take it.
You're not likely to. IIRC, there was discussion on AC FT and some of the blogger sites about SQ not releasing award inventory on the A350s to some *A partners and/or some destinations.

Also, given the timelines between now and your trip, SQ or others may change aircraft again. You must watch this like a hawk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.