Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Blocks J Bulkhead?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by juhlee
Was the front business cabin ever available, or was it blocked from the time that you made your booking? Wondering if they'll end up moving us...
Rows 10-17 were blocked at the time of booking, but that was only two-weeks before departure.

Don't know when they were blocked.
KE81 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Blocked - This has been standard on longhaul flights during Covid. On board rows 11-14 have signage stating they are reserved for crew (*on the ULR there is also 10A that was almost always blocked pre-covid) . Although I'm a bit surprised SQ is maintaining this on a VTL flight as well.
Good news for those who look to sit further toward the front. Only row 11 is now blocked on my flights to and from FRA. Got into the mini cabin on the 77W VTL flight home, but going to stick with row 19 on the 359 with bigger footwells. Hopefully a trend across the board.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Good news for those who look to sit further toward the front. Only row 11 is now blocked on my flights to and from FRA. Got into the mini cabin on the 77W VTL flight home, but going to stick with row 19 on the 359 with bigger footwells. Hopefully a trend across the board.
I believe this is more to do with crews serving Germany routes not requiring SHN back to Singapore and no quarantine to stay in Germany, therefore, the crews can stay in Germany. For the rest of the world, probably still multiple sets of crews, will continue to require the front rows blocked for crews back to Singapore.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
I believe this is more to do with crews serving Germany routes not requiring SHN back to Singapore and no quarantine to stay in Germany, therefore, the crews can stay in Germany. For the rest of the world, probably still multiple sets of crews, will continue to require the front rows blocked for crews back to Singapore.
from what I know, all the crews (long haul) will stay at the outstation for 2-3 days before flying back.

The demand for SQ325 is quite good, that why they did not block the seats. I check some day have less than 5 business seats left
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
from what I know, all the crews (long haul) will stay at the outstation for 2-3 days before flying back.

The demand for SQ325 is quite good, that why they did not block the seats. I check some day have less than 5 business seats left
Then I can't understand why US flights block the front rows?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Then I can't understand why US flights block the front rows?
It is for distancing. Crew are not doing turnarounds to Europe / US!

Row 11 is for rest, Rows 12 and 14 are for distancing from pax.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
It is for distancing. Crew are not doing turnarounds to Europe / US!

Row 11 is for rest, Rows 12 and 14 are for distancing from pax.
means no distancing or rest for crews to Germany, but for other US/European destinations?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:32 pm

means no distancing or rest for crews to Germany, but for other US/European destinations?
they have crew rests bunk or can use the Y seats.

They keep it for crew rests because the demand is low previously.

But if SQ is able to sell all 48J seats, why not. Why they would want to keep 12 J seats free for rest ? 12J x $4000? Is around $50K in revenue.

Maybe first class seat is available for rest as well.

Last edited by sbs2716g; Sep 6, 2021 at 9:38 pm
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
they have crew rests bunk or can use the Y seats.

They keep it for crew rests because the demand is low previously.

But if SQ is able to sell all 48J seats, why not. Why they would want to keep 12 J seats free for rest ? 12J x $4000? Is around $50K in revenue.

Maybe first class seat is available for rest as well.

Thanks. That makes sense.

it seems that Germany is really popular after VTL.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:12 am

Given the seat blocking on US flights, any opinion on which cabin is best? As I believe I mentioned further up thread, my wife and I are flying in October and are currently seated in 15 D/F. It looks like 15 A/K are also occupied, while row 16 is empty at this point. Rear cabin is showing 5 pax right now, mostly concentrated toward the front of the cabin, including 2 already in 19 F/K (which makes bulkhead unlikely for this flight).

I was thinking forward cabin was preferable because guaranteed low occupancy and potentially better service with more FAs presumably passing through the cabin, but now I’m wondering if we’re better off just staking out a section in the back of the rear cabin for a little more space and privacy (not to mention being able to use empty seats around us for beds).

I know I’m overthinking this but it’s my first time flying SQ!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:19 pm

SQ removed the block on rows 10-14 on my flight (looks like the block is removed September 13 onward). Of course, row 11 remains off limits to me as non-PPS, but oddly 10A is available for selection.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KE81
SQ removed the block on rows 10-14 on my flight (looks like the block is removed September 13 onward). Of course, row 11 remains off limits to me as non-PPS, but oddly 10A is available for selection.
Oddly enough for my JFK-SIN in November the block on 10-14 is gone (although without status I can't pick anything in Rows 11 or 19) but now 16 and 17 are blocked instead
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:49 pm

On SQ33 in a few weeks, had selected 16D/F and got an email this morning that "due to operational requirements" our seats were moved to 12D/F. Prior to this everything in the forward cabin was blocked other than rows 16 and 17. Chatted with SQ online to inquire about row 11 and the bulkhead and they said they are blocked, but may open up closer to our travel date.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:57 am

I am flying September 15th on flight SQ33. I currently have seat 11K. (I was in 16A and they moved me to 11A.) I originally switched to 11K because it was a bulk head seat and I read that it had extra room for laying out flat. (Although being near the galley may be a problem.) Customer service indicates 11K does not have extra room and is the exact same seat as 12K. When you were on the flight did you notice what 11K was like? Thank you kindly for a response.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
11K definitely has more room and is my first choice when available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.