FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ Blocks J Bulkhead? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1841711-sq-blocks-j-bulkhead.html)

terbangalways May 9, 2017 10:52 pm

SQ Blocks J Bulkhead?

Hi Everyone,

Anyone (non elites/*G) has encountered difficulty reserving row 11 recently?
Have managed to block 11 for all my J long hauls previously. Was told by an agent yesterday that 11 is blocked for my flights HKG, CHC, SFO :rolleyes:

markmho May 10, 2017 12:15 am

I was able to redeem a standard J and book a row 11 seat from HKG to SFO for traveling in Jan 2018 two weeks ago.

SQShortFinal May 10, 2017 12:25 am

If I am not mistaken, those bulkhead seats, like others, are often blocked for those with priority, whether it be parent needing a bassinet row, *G or PPS or PPS Solitaire and Lifetime members.

ex-koelner May 10, 2017 12:36 am

I was able to reserve 11A on my outbound FRA-SIN and inbound SIN-MUC, both on the 77W. Booked 4 weeks ago, flights are in October. No issues at all even without status with SQ.

Phaze May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal (Post 28291559)
If I am not mistaken, those bulkhead seats, like others, are often blocked for those with priority, whether it be parent needing a bassinet row, *G or PPS or PPS Solitaire and Lifetime members.

This is wrong. Bassinet rows may be blocked but you can call and have them assigned with the caveat that you may be reassigned if the bassinet is required. There are no blocks on this row to accommodate elite members.

terbangalways May 10, 2017 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Phaze (Post 28291647)
This is wrong. Bassinet rows may be blocked but you can call and have them assigned with the caveat that you may be reassigned if the bassinet is required. There are no blocks on this row to accommodate elite members.

Yes i have always done this despite no status with SQ.
However, i tried to do it yesterday morning on A359 but agent said row 11 was blocked - although is currently unoccupied.

I'll try again in few days.

Thanks all!

whughes3 May 10, 2017 7:59 pm

It does appear that there is some sort of blocking on these seats for PPS. I turned PPS about 2 weeks ago; I had a booking in the system made when I was still KF Gold, and I had initially been unable to allocate row 11 on a 359; as soon as I turned PPS I could do so (Expertflyer showed these seats as "blocked").

Interestingly, I found that something similar also applied on the 77W: I was suddenly able to allocate a row 11 seat which showed as "occupied" on EF!

vbroucek May 10, 2017 8:17 pm

I was able to reserve row 11 on 77W (SQ217 - before it turned to A350 and SQ227) having M&M award ticket and no status with KF.

cowie May 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Hmm this could explain why the entire row 11 on last week's flight from DPS to SIN on the A330 was empty except for me in 11K. The rest of the cabin was about 70% filled. Was wondering why these coveted bulkhead seats went untaken.

w4rd May 11, 2017 11:06 pm

96 hours out the bulkhead rows, in Y at least, become available for online seat selection for KF*G. Bassinets generally remain blocked.

Always Flyin Jul 16, 2018 8:13 pm

I just booked a revenue ticket between SIN-LAX-SIN in C on the 359ULR for later this year.

I am Star Gold through United. ALL the bulkhead seats in C are blocked. Every other seat in the cabin is available.

lokijuh Jul 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 29981411)
I just booked a revenue ticket between SIN-LAX-SIN in C on the 359ULR for later this year.

I am Star Gold through United. ALL the bulkhead seats in C are blocked. Every other seat in the cabin is available.

I'm pretty sure now that before checkin opens, only PPS or Solitaire PPS members of Krisflyer can reserve bulkhead seats in the business class cabin.

sofaonasock Jul 17, 2018 11:14 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways (Post 28291339)
Hi Everyone,

Anyone (non elites/*G) has encountered difficulty reserving row 11 recently?
Have managed to block 11 for all my J long hauls previously. Was told by an agent yesterday that 11 is blocked for my flights HKG, CHC, SFO :rolleyes:

Bulkheads were unavailable when I booked direct with SQ for SFO-HKG & NRT-LAX.

~72 hours prior to departure, I was able to secure the bulkhead in the smaller J cabin upfront for SQ1. ...this wasn't the case for SQ 12 though...

lkar Jul 18, 2018 12:33 pm

I just called to try to request rows 11 or 19 for a flight (several months away) on the ULR. I was told that they were blocked, but that a "request" could be sent and that I would hear in a few days. I got the feeling it wouldn't do anything. So far, nothing. I'll update if anything happens.

OsakaWino Jul 19, 2018 12:30 am

I've always been able to get 11 A/K bulkhead on the A330 KIX-SIN-KIX by calling months in advance, with the caveat that these are basinet seats and we might have to give them up with a couple with a baby needed them. Received email confirmation of the seats within a few minutes of the call, and we have never lost the seats.

For our next trip KIX-SIN in on an old-style A380 and the 11 D/F pair are blocked as basinet seats, but I was able to reserve the second bulkhead 18 D/F pair online as they are not basinet sets, so I have not bothered calling to ask for 11 D/F. SIN-KIX is on the new 787-10 and I had no trouble reserving the 11 D/F bulkhead pair online, since they are not basinet seats.

So although limited to this one route, in my experience the only times the J bulkhead seats are blocked is if they are bassinet seats. And I'm not even a member of KrisFlyer; all our flights on SQ have been *A awards booked with UA miles.