FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ Blocks J Bulkhead? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1841711-sq-blocks-j-bulkhead.html)

KE81 Oct 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Following up on my earlier posts—bulkheads remained unavailable until check-in, which ended up opening around 66 hours or so before departure for us as we had a connecting flight and then a long layover in SIN. For some reason, I wasn't able to select new seats when checking in through the app—or rather, I could select the seats but it would not save my selections—but I could do so on my computer.

Although all of rows 11 and 19 were initially available, we ended up choosing 19 D/F over 11 D/F as the rear cabin was showing only one other passenger whereas there were several passengers seated in the front cabin (another passenger later joined us in the rear cabin, and at least one passenger did end up moving to row 11). When we boarded, one of the flight attendants asked us if we wanted to move to a different seat to avoid noise from the galley, but we said we preferred the extra space and suggested that maybe we would just move back to sleep. She said that would be fine, but when it came time for us to sleep, we just asked her to set up our beds in 19 A/K. She did give us ear plugs just in case.

The extra space in the bulkhead was definitely worth the additional noise (which mostly consisted of the FAs chatting rather than clanging and such from meal preparation), and it was nice not having any passengers within several rows of us.

blueheronNC Oct 17, 2021 6:51 am

10A no longer blocked?

Strange that I was allowed to select 10A at time of booking for JFK-SIN early 2022? Any chance this is a glitch and they take it away leaving me with the last pick of seats?

hawkfan7314 Oct 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by blueheronNC (Post 33651618)
Strange that I was allowed to select 10A at time of booking for JFK-SIN early 2022? Any chance this is a glitch and they take it away leaving me with the last pick of seats?

I had the some thing happen on one flight earlier this year but now that I'm rebooked on a different flight it's not available to book. Another Singapore Air oddity I guess.

Cambo Oct 18, 2021 12:43 am

Originally Posted by blueheronNC (Post 33651618)

This might be a glitch, where these seats (and some more rows) were initially blocked for passenger-crew separation, unblocked after regulation changes and later subsequently blocked again, subject to the normal first-row assignment rules.

hawkfan7314 Oct 26, 2021 12:58 pm

So I am able to book some bulkhead seats on a 777 it does give me a warning that says these seats are for bassinets. I've seen articles from bloggers where they have booked these seats but know that they can get booted from them if someone with a baby books the seat. Is that how it works or would Singapore try to verify I have a baby for that seat prior to the flight even happening?

freed0m Oct 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 (Post 33676629)
So I am able to book some bulkhead seats on a 777 it does give me a warning that says these seats are for bassinets. I've seen articles from bloggers where they have booked these seats but know that they can get booted from them if someone with a baby books the seat. Is that how it works or would Singapore try to verify I have a baby for that seat prior to the flight even happening?

If you have a baby, you would have a infant ticket attached to your ticket. It does not take much for SQ to know whether you have an infant with you.

hawkfan7314 Oct 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 33677680)
If you have a baby, you would have a infant ticket attached to your ticket. It does not take much for SQ to know whether you have an infant with you.

I guess I need to clarify my questions. Will they kick me out of those seats prior to the flight if no one with a baby books? Or would they keep me there and move me if they have to?

sbs2716g Oct 26, 2021 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 (Post 33677998)
I guess I need to clarify my questions. Will they kick me out of those seats prior to the flight if no one with a baby books? Or would they keep me there and move me if they have to?

If there is no infants then they won’t kick you out. (Unless there is aircraft change from 777 to A350).

freed0m Oct 26, 2021 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 (Post 33677998)

they will and they should.

If the aircraft changes, you may lose your seat, too.

demue Oct 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Duplicate, apologies.

demue Oct 26, 2021 11:55 pm

I r​​ead the OPs query if he/ she would get booted if "no" other travelers with infant would request the seat(s). IME, you keep the seats unless someone with an infant ticket requires a baby bassinet. If not, you are usually quite safe in those seats.

I never got booted from one unless it was needed for infant in which case it is fair game of course. I did have a QPP on a power trip though playing a nasty version of DYKWIA and demanding from the CS to have our row 15 D&F seats on 77W for him and his wife (without an infant anywhere in sight), but that is a story for another day ;). YMMV.

hawkfan7314 Oct 27, 2021 12:59 am

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 33678042)
they will and they should.

If the aircraft changes, you may lose your seat, too.

So you quoted two questions with only one answer so I have no idea what you are saying.

I'm fully fine with them moving me when someone has a baby and needs the seat. My question is if no one books with a baby will they just leave me alone.

freed0m Oct 27, 2021 1:32 am

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 (Post 33678420)
So you quoted two questions with only one answer so I have no idea what you are saying.

I'm fully fine with them moving me when someone has a baby and needs the seat. My question is if no one books with a baby will they just leave me alone.

Sorry. I was replying to the second part of the question.

They will keep you in your reserved seat unless someone with an infant requires your seat.

truncated Jan 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Any thoughts on 10A on the A359ULR — is light/galley noise much of a problem? Somehow it just opened up for my flight at the end of the month and managed to grab it even without status.

Also what are the odds that I get moved out of it closer to departure (would not be ideal to be put in the middle section) and should I just go back to my original regular window seat in the front cabin (before those get taken as well)

bpk6h Jan 11, 2022 2:11 am

On my last SQ23, 10A was available and ultimately occupied (wife and I were in centre section row 11 so got a fairly good view of 10A). The front galley is closed to pax these days so you don't need to worry about too much traffic. Nearly all meal prep appears to be done in the second galley so you wouldn't have to worry about much noise either. The seat definitely provides a good amount of privacy and has that coveted additional legroom.

I don't think there would be any reason to bump you. Is it labelled a bassinet seat? ​​​​