Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade from Business to Suites

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade from Business to Suites

I'm on SQ26 later this week in full-fare business. Is there any chance SQ will upgrade me to Suites if space exists? I'm only *S and not with SQ ...

Separately, does SQ offer the opportunity to bid for upgrades / upgrade with miles or $? Didn't see it on my reservation.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 8, 2017, 12:56 pm

No chance.

No bidding from J to F, that's for PE only.

You can look for award space and upgrade using miles if it's available.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Upgrades using *A miles are subject to availability (ie unlikely).

The other option is to pay the fare difference to first class.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Phaze
No chance.

No bidding from J to F, that's for PE only.

You can look for award space and upgrade using miles if it's available.
Bumping an old thread - is upgrade space the same as award space? And if so is it the same number of KF miles? I'm totally willing to buy a r/t J ticket and use miles to upgrade one direction to a suite, and would pick my J flight based on what F upgrade availability is out there.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:40 am

Upgrade space is different from award space. The number of miles is less for upgrade space.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by epigram
Upgrade space is different from award space.
Well, it really depends whom you’re asking. Some people will tell you it’s the same, some it’s different. It books into the same fare class anyway, and I have been told by KF staff in the past that it is the same. I upgraded from PE to J (Or should I say “I”?) not long ago. So I would look out for fully fledged redemption availability online and then call in when you find it. Or call and ask to be waitlisted on the flight you’re interested in. That’s what i did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.