Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Mixed Cabin Award Issues and Frustrations!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Mixed Cabin Award Issues and Frustrations!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Krisflyer, Velocity
I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to book a Business Star Alliance RTW Award for 280k points. Unfortunately with my route, the Avianca flight from BOG-EZE is only available in Economy.

I spoke to supervisor in Singapore main call centre (philippines) and he said it's not allowed. Then I tried to just do a surface sector, open jaw instead and then I can just pay AUD$450 for the economy flight or use my AAmiles but he didn't really understand what a surface sector was, which was a shame as this was supposed to be the supervisor. Awaiting a call back. Just worried my award flight availability will disappear as time ticks on.

I'm coming up against the 35,000 mile limit, starting from a Australia, and with United availability not showing in Expert Flyer, this is turning into real torture to organise.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by fone
Example here will be for SIN - FUK (stopover) - HND - SIN. This way, you pay for SIN - HND roundtrip at star alliance rates, with the free stopover at FUK, and you get your domestic flight included, without having to transit at FUK on the way back.

J saver on SQ, on the SQ flights you want. So SIN - FUK and HND - SIN.
Then for NH domestic flights (example here will be the FUK - HND), not all are searchable via SQ's site. Either you can call to find availability, or try another *A (non SQ and non NH site) site. I usually use UA site to look for NH domestic availability. My experience for FUK - HND (back in 2019), was that not all available flights are listed on SQ's site. Only Y is available, NH do not release J and F award space on domestic.
If you are booking way ahead, ie 300+ days ahead, I believe NH do not release domestic flights that early, you may have to wait to ticket the flights.
Got it, thanks! This bolded portion is a bit of a dilemma because thanks to revenge travel, I see that for most of SQ's desirable timings to Japan, J saver space is getting taken up within a day (or a few days) of release. So by waiting to ticket the whole thing all the way to CTS with the NH domestic leg I'd carry the risk of having to fly on a non-ideal day / time. Hmmmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.