FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Mixed Cabin Award Issues and Frustrations!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:36 pm
shuigao

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by fone
Example here will be for SIN - FUK (stopover) - HND - SIN. This way, you pay for SIN - HND roundtrip at star alliance rates, with the free stopover at FUK, and you get your domestic flight included, without having to transit at FUK on the way back.

J saver on SQ, on the SQ flights you want. So SIN - FUK and HND - SIN.
Then for NH domestic flights (example here will be the FUK - HND), not all are searchable via SQ's site. Either you can call to find availability, or try another *A (non SQ and non NH site) site. I usually use UA site to look for NH domestic availability. My experience for FUK - HND (back in 2019), was that not all available flights are listed on SQ's site. Only Y is available, NH do not release J and F award space on domestic.
If you are booking way ahead, ie 300+ days ahead, I believe NH do not release domestic flights that early, you may have to wait to ticket the flights.
Got it, thanks! This bolded portion is a bit of a dilemma because thanks to revenge travel, I see that for most of SQ's desirable timings to Japan, J saver space is getting taken up within a day (or a few days) of release. So by waiting to ticket the whole thing all the way to CTS with the NH domestic leg I'd carry the risk of having to fly on a non-ideal day / time. Hmmmm.