Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ368 catches fire while making emergency landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ368 catches fire while making emergency landing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:58 pm

Sorry for bumping this up, but I'm curious if anyone has received ec261 yet. My sister flew J BEG-MXP-SIN-SGN and SQ keep postponing payout. How long does it usually take?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Slobodansm
Sorry for bumping this up, but I'm curious if anyone has received ec261 yet. My sister flew J BEG-MXP-SIN-SGN and SQ keep postponing payout. How long does it usually take?

Thanks
Is the communication on email or phone. Suggest that you keep communication on emails and in case of no response in 5 days (their dummy SLA) - escalate to the corporate addresses. Some management email addresses are publicly available, if you are not able to find I can share by pm.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by ExSin
Is the communication on email or phone. Suggest that you keep communication on emails and in case of no response in 5 days (their dummy SLA) - escalate to the corporate addresses. Some management email addresses are publicly available, if you are not able to find I can share by pm.
Thanks ExSin. Yeah, all communication is by e-mail. Will give time by the end of next week and escalate then if no comp is received.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:47 am

Summary of Findings - https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...7-fire-435134/
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:04 pm

One recommendation following the incident includes having SIA update training “to develop its pilots’ ability to always consider alternatives and other resources when they encounter a situation that is not dealt with by any checklist.
LOL. Could this be any more Singaporean an issue.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@Phaze Having grown up in Singapore, I can't help but chuckle...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.