Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Turkish Airlines using Singapore Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have booked a flight with Turkish Airlines (BOM-LGW via IST) on 8th November. At present I don't have enough miles to upgrade but I have some saved in my Amex card account. I want to transfer them but only if there is availability.

I checked with Turkish and they have availability. I can't check with the Singapore airlines online system. Would anyone know if the availability will be the same/is there any way to check availability?

Could someone please offer me some assistance on how to check this before transferring miles over?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You call KF and ask...

But first you have to have booked the appropriate class ...

Do you know what your booking class is?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You call KF and ask...

But first you have to have booked the appropriate class ...

Do you know what your booking class is?
Yeah W which I checked on Turkish and Aegean was valid for upgrade so am hoping the same applies to Sin.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by skgwho
Yeah W which I checked on Turkish and Aegean was valid for upgrade so am hoping the same applies to Sin.
You have to call KF. They will check if there is availability on that time. Can't wait list. So i am not sure how it can work if you do not have miles avail yet
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
So to continue this question. I'm flying tk (uln-fru) and am booked in E class. Can I upgrade using singapore miles?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Hi skgwho and Quikarmani,

Both W and E classes on TK are ineligible for upgrade using Krisflyer miles. You need to be in Y or B classes.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
You can refer to this SQ website for the eligible booking classes for upgrading of class of travel using SQ miles:
http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...ades_Mar16.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.