Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Last minute plane downgrade due to engineering - Compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute plane downgrade due to engineering - Compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by TheAsiaTomBrady
Ha...why should customers get treated differently? Um, what planet do you live on? If you are a loyal customer, you get treated differently. I'm not trying to gain sympathy -- I'm stating from experience from other airlines -- UA for example, their compensation for same issues often varies per passenger depending on their FF status.

My earlier point was related to the cost difference between flying J vs flying Y on SQ...not flying a different airline. There aren't many efficient options getting from RSA to SG.

Anyhow, I just heard back from SQ. I'm more than happy with their offer so can end the debate. Good luck with your lawsuit.
May I ask about the offer?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
May I ask about the offer?
These days SQ does give out 10,000 miles for service recovery.

It could be more in this situation.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I have to agree with OP's point of view here.

In the past, I have absolutely based my decision on which flight/airline/class to fly solely based on the metal/configuration. I will pay a premium for the added privacy of 1-2-1 configuration. Quite often, these flights ARE more expensive or require Standard/Full miles due to their popularity.

A lot of the posters on this forum argue that "You got from point A to point B in J class so you have nothing to complain about." That's like saying if I go to Morton's and order a steak that I'm not completely satisfied with that I should should just suck it up as well. Clearly, customers and corporates must abide by the T&Cs of any purchase agreement, but both parties also have the right to give feedback and negiotate for compensation if they feel so inclined.

So, did SQ need to do anything to compensate OP? Absolutely not. But if I am the company, I absolutely would provide a token gift for the inconvenience. SQ did the right thing and I'm sure the 10K miles (or whatever it was) will be repaid ten-fold by the OP in the coming years.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I had the same issue with SQ638 last Dec. Was swopped from a 77W to a 773A.

Sent an email complaint to SQ and highlighted that when purchasing the tickets, the seat map showed 1-2-1. When I boarded the plane, it was 2-2-2. Told them I did not receive any notifications at all and very disappointed.

SQ replied a month later and acknowledged the the change in aircraft and therefore I did not receive the "widest business class seat".

Compensation? 5000KF miles.

Honestly, at this point there was nothing much that could have been done since the flight was long over. And I did arrive at my destination safely.

Thanked SQ for their reply and explanation and took up the 5000KF miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.