Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Private Room - Service Sub Standard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
My experience with the TPR has been pleasant and amid all that (sometimes) "craziness" in both business and first class lounges meaning crowd/noise especially from those traveling in groups, I really do enjoy the peace and quiet TPR offers.

I think that's exactly what premium service is about. When you need, ask and they will deliver promptly and professionally. Otherwise, they let you be. Even in Suites, they don't bother you unnecessarily. Brillant (!)

Perhaps is this "sense of entitlement" that premium passengers feel they have the right to?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Asiange

Perhaps is this "sense of entitlement" that premium passengers feel they have the right to?
Yes, I think given what one pays for the product, one is entitled to proper service. There seem to be enough people who feel that service is lacking, and then obviously the airline is doing something wrong - not training staff to be perceptive enough.

Personally, I expect such a lounge to rival a club lounge at a top hotel chain - in Singapore for instance the Conrad, the GH or the Ritz Carlton. Maybe some people want to be left alone and that's fine, but its no excuse for poor service to other customers.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by SqKiwi
Isn't the point that the OP got the same service everyone else (including myself) gets in the TPR. It's awful. Reheated food, 90's hotel decor, limited drinks selection and liaize faire service. It's sub-standard relative to the home F lounges of QF, CX, BA and LH.
Message - if you want real F service on the ground, fly someone else. SQ is great in the air but fails to recognize premium pax value the end to end product, not just the flight.
I didn't get the same service that the single male traveller also in TPR at the same time as me received.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The TPR is somewhat unique. It is pretty much as the OP describes, and there's nothing really 'special' about it in terms of FC lounges. It's quiet, and boring. Many other lounges around the world have surpassed the TPR service offering.

Not having a snack offered with drinks is fairly common. You ask for a drink (in just about any lounge) and you get a given a drink. If you want a snack, ask for one.

The CX F Wing is the same - plenty of waiting staff, but you won't get offered a snack.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Oh, the horror!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, Singapore
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The TPR is somewhat unique. It is pretty much as the OP describes, and there's nothing really 'special' about it in terms of FC lounges. It's quiet, and boring. Many other lounges around the world have surpassed the TPR service offering.

Not having a snack offered with drinks is fairly common. You ask for a drink (in just about any lounge) and you get a given a drink. If you want a snack, ask for one.

The CX F Wing is the same - plenty of waiting staff, but you won't get offered a snack.
In the Wing you cannot look up but you catch the eye of waiting staff just waiting to pounce. The Private Room is much more like road rage inSingapore - lots of intent and presence but don't expect to get any eye contact. Very frustrating as the first poster was saying.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I suppose the term "substandard service" brought me to this thread. Clearly that's in the eye of the beholder. I enjoy the "private" aspect of being given space in TPR as much as I do the "check-in to handover at the aircraft door" attention of TG F, especially when the semi-private side rooms in the F lounge are available and getting to the gate means a buggy ride. Each is pleasant for a different reason.

One troubling implication emerging in the thread is that some part of the inattention involved gender discrimination. That's not substandard service. It's simply unacceptable and if the client feels on solid ground with that aspect it warrants more attention from SQ corporate than a discussion thread here.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Just to let you know my trip for 2 was paid for using cash not points.
Given that your profile says you don't belong to any programs I don't think you even needed to respond to that comment. And so what if you had been on some sort of redemption - isn't that what FT is all about?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Afterall
I suppose the term "substandard service" brought me to this thread. Clearly that's in the eye of the beholder. I enjoy the "private" aspect of being given space in TPR as much as I do the "check-in to handover at the aircraft door" attention of TG F, especially when the semi-private side rooms in the F lounge are available and getting to the gate means a buggy ride. Each is pleasant for a different reason.

One troubling implication emerging in the thread is that some part of the inattention involved gender discrimination. That's not substandard service. It's simply unacceptable and if the client feels on solid ground with that aspect it warrants more attention from SQ corporate than a discussion thread here.
I didn't think there was any suggestion of gender discrimination. For all we know the other passenger may have been familiar with lounge operations andcould have ordered food or snacks at the same time their drink order was taken.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I didn't think there was any suggestion of gender discrimination. For all we know the other passenger may have been familiar with lounge operations andcould have ordered food or snacks at the same time their drink order was taken.
The OP certainly suggested it:
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I didn't get the same service that the single male traveller also in TPR at the same time as me received.
Whether that is true is a different matter, as you say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.