Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ rebooking/fare difference - can't take payment over the phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!

I'm curious as I've never experienced this before... flying SQ LAX-NRT and changing the date on a Flexi Saver ticket that was booked on singaporeair.com

The phone representative told me that he was unable to take payment (for a fare difference) over the phone, and that someone from SQ would call me in the next 24 to 72 hours to take my credit card information.

Is that fairly standard?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jlin011
I'm curious as I've never experienced this before... flying SQ LAX-NRT and changing the date on a Flexi Saver ticket that was booked on singaporeair.com

The phone representative told me that he was unable to take payment (for a fare difference) over the phone, and that someone from SQ would call me in the next 24 to 72 hours to take my credit card information.

Is that fairly standard?
Yes. They need to recalculate fare probably from SQ Ticketing dept make sure fare is correct, and will call you to double check if the number you gave is yours and that you are the one initiating the change.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 4, 2012 at 3:30 am Reason: Spelling ! I hate iPad's auto correct..!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes. They need to recalculate fare probably from SQ Ticketing dept make sure fare is correct, and will call you to double check if the numerous gave is yours and that you are the one initiating the change.
Got it, good to know it's standard MO. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.