Wiki Posts
Search

Economy seats on A380 Upper Deck

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by b777jubilee

Unless you got actual flight statistics to back you up over a time period, saying QF avoid turbulence more than SQ purely from your flight experience statistically unreliable.

Doesnt take a genius to figure out premium economy is better than coach in terms of leg room. but food, catering, Inflight entertainment options, will be at least on Par in SQ (or most Asian airlines) compared to QF
Why are you replying to a post that is more than 5 months old?

I'm also deleting all the posts from the above on cos it really does not serve purpose on this thread.

Guy Betsy
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer forum co-mod

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Why are you replying to a post that is more than 5 months old?

I'm also deleting all the posts from the above on cos it really does not serve purpose on this thread.

Guy Betsy
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer forum co-mod
Guy

I do not see anything wrong to reply a post few months old.

Unless forum rules specifically forbid replying a post that are old I don't think u needvto single this out.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by b777jubilee
Guy

I do not see anything wrong to reply a post few months old.

Unless forum rules specifically forbid replying a post that are old I don't think u needvto single this out.
Its not about replying to the post but rather how you replied and what you wrote about the member who wrote it. I actually edited a sentence out in the post which I had quoted you, in case you didn't notice that was somewhat irrelevant. And that constituted a rather fiery defense from the other member.. and hence all posts following that is off-topic and that is why I deleted it.

Its okay to reply to posts older than 6 months, a year even 5 years too. But keep it civil and it'll be fine.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Its not about replying to the post but rather how you replied and what you wrote about the member who wrote it. I actually edited a sentence out in the post which I had quoted you, in case you didn't notice that was somewhat irrelevant. And that constituted a rather fiery defense from the other member.. and hence all posts following that is off-topic and that is why I deleted it.

Its okay to reply to posts older than 6 months, a year even 5 years too. But keep it civil and it'll be fine.
Correcting a comment that is statistically not proven is not wrong and isnt somewhat irrelevant and I dont think this is not civil in anyway. There was a reply and I didnt drag myself further into it which risk escalating a further war of words, that I am keeping it civil.

Anyway i am not here to create an argument. I am just bringing a point across and have no intention to create trouble. Just want you as moderator to see my point. Thanks

This will be my last post on this thread.

Last edited by b777jubilee; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:50 pm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Have an SQ upper deck 380 Y seat question, and thought it would be better to put it in this older thread rather than starting a new one.

Just booked on SQ 423 in August, BOM - SIN on the 380 - its the version with Y rows on the upper deck. Looking forward to it - first time on the 380. Traveling with the wife, so would love to get up there, but unfortunately, SQ.com isn't showing any of the sides open for 2 currently.

However, I'm looking at Expretflyer's version of the map. They show many of these blocked (for example, on both sides of rows 77-79). However, they also show other seats which I can select as blocked. I'm *G through UA, not sure if that's why those might be open to me, or EF is incorrect. For example, I can select on SQ.com any of the seats in the middle block of rows 37 and 38. However, EF is showing the middle block of seats from 37 - 40 as all blocked. Same with 74C and 75C.

Anyone know if the seats on the sides of the upper deck are typically blocked per EF, or if they are likely incorrect, and the seats have already been selected? Only my second time flying SQ - I believe last time, there were also a lot of seats that looked taken at booking, but many of these were seemingly unblocked a few days before departure.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Look again 4-5 days prior to your departure, apparently seats will open up then. From my own personal experience, they seem to release them at T-96h.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
Originally Posted by tango3
Look again 4-5 days prior to your departure, apparently seats will open up then. From my own personal experience, they seem to release them at T-96h.
I have the same situation on an upcoming SYD-SIN service. 90% of the seats are showing as full (and everything on the upper deck except the seats you have to pay for) but a check on Expert Flyer showed most were just blocked.

I am using it as an opportunity to try the Seat Alert function on Expert Flyer.

I will also keep checking every week or so until departure but appreciate the T-96 tip.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the tips. Will definitely check again closer to departure. I've also done an EF seat alert for specific seats, so perhaps that will help.

I do find it almost more curious than anything, though, that EF is showing blocked seats that are actually available to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.