FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy seats on A380 Upper Deck
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:33 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Have an SQ upper deck 380 Y seat question, and thought it would be better to put it in this older thread rather than starting a new one.

Just booked on SQ 423 in August, BOM - SIN on the 380 - its the version with Y rows on the upper deck. Looking forward to it - first time on the 380. Traveling with the wife, so would love to get up there, but unfortunately, SQ.com isn't showing any of the sides open for 2 currently.

However, I'm looking at Expretflyer's version of the map. They show many of these blocked (for example, on both sides of rows 77-79). However, they also show other seats which I can select as blocked. I'm *G through UA, not sure if that's why those might be open to me, or EF is incorrect. For example, I can select on SQ.com any of the seats in the middle block of rows 37 and 38. However, EF is showing the middle block of seats from 37 - 40 as all blocked. Same with 74C and 75C.

Anyone know if the seats on the sides of the upper deck are typically blocked per EF, or if they are likely incorrect, and the seats have already been selected? Only my second time flying SQ - I believe last time, there were also a lot of seats that looked taken at booking, but many of these were seemingly unblocked a few days before departure.