Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

I sat on 18D/F.
Yes, it's bulkhead so you have the full width for your feet.

But note all bulkhead seats have the IFE screen further away and is of the same size so it appears smaller.

After so many times always picking bulkhead seats, I ended up on 25D on my last flight to London because my reserved bulkhead was gone. I was initially upset on check in but was pleasantly surprised on board. I am not tall or big and not having the full width for my seat does not bother me at all. I prefer 'bigger' screens on long flights or day flights.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by seanp7
Originally Posted by aster

Does anyone who has flown both the SQ and QF A380 share the above poster's opinion of the QF hard product being better?
I would agree with this. The service / food is far better on SQ but I was completely underwhelmed by the unnecessarily wide, hard seat/bed. Each to their own.
Me too. I find the SQ seat quite uncomfortable unless it is completely flat. QF and CX are far better in my view.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: AC E75K
Flying SQ861 next week, which will be my first time on an A380 and first time on SQ. I'm currently booked in 18A. Any opinions on that seat? I like to look out the window so my biggest concern is whether it might be a no window/partial window seat.

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
My personal favourite longhaul business class fully flat beds are those found on CX's new 77W and 333.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by AC888
Flying SQ861 next week, which will be my first time on an A380 and first time on SQ. I'm currently booked in 18A. Any opinions on that seat? I like to look out the window so my biggest concern is whether it might be a no window/partial window seat.

Thanks!

I flew on that seat in November. It's the second row of the main cabin. (but in line with the front of the middle seats - if you get what i mean) I enjoyed it. Others have told me that they prefer 17 as there is more room. For me, any of those seats on the A380 are fine. and huge!

if you want more info regarding seating maps etc. it might pay to look at seatguru.com for more info.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:42 pm

I have booked two tickets with SQ11 and SQ12 for December and be able to reserved a seat on the upper deck, however, I received a e-mail from the Singapore airlines yesterday and telling me that our seats have moved down to the main deck due to the change of the aircraft. Is anyone know what happening? Is there any economic class on the upper deck anymore on the A380? or there is change of aircraft? As a result of this, they did not assign me the seat which my daughter and I can seat together. It is very frustrating and I have talked to the hotline agent for more than half hour in order to assign the new seats.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by singhotdeal
I have booked two tickets with SQ11 and SQ12 for December and be able to reserved a seat on the upper deck, however, I received a e-mail from the Singapore airlines yesterday and telling me that our seats have moved down to the main deck due to the change of the aircraft. Is anyone know what happening? Is there any economic class on the upper deck anymore on the A380? or there is change of aircraft? As a result of this, they did not assign me the seat which my daughter and I can seat together. It is very frustrating and I have talked to the hotline agent for more than half hour in order to assign the new seats.
SQ flies 2 versions of the A380. One of them is all J on the upper deck. The other has several rows of Y on the upper deck. Sounds like you got swapped to the all J upstairs version
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by singhotdeal
SQ is ending their nonstop SIN-LAX flights using their Airbus 340-500. Those aircraft were all business class in configuration. The switch to the A380 version configured with all biz upper deck on the SIN-NRT-LAX route is likely done to make up for the loss of the biz seats on the nonstop route.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:50 pm

I have done both trips. Same J seats, but I think the A380 had more storage space.

I wonder what the new A380 on that leg will be like and if the service quality will drop at all with more business class seats. Don't get me wrong - I'm talking about a range from excellent to very good to good.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:10 am

A380 Seats on SQ Business

Has anyone used seat 96K on SQ227 from Singapore? Seems like a good seat but is it affected by turbulence more than at the front of plane?

Is it noisy? from toilets/galley and engines ( being at the last row )
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davidban69
Has anyone used seat 96K on SQ227 from Singapore? Seems like a good seat but is it affected by turbulence more than at the front of plane?

Is it noisy? from toilets/galley and engines ( being at the last row )
Great seat. Feels very far from the rest of the seat, thus one feels alone. I tried 96A, 96F and 96K. All great. I was not bothered or disturbed by the galley. You are close to the washroom, but most people use the middle one instead of coming to the back of the plain.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
I was in a 96D over the weekend. While you're right about the legspace being the stowaway board, the headspace unfortunately is the same as other seats, with the awkward hard slope on the right side.

But you can lie down parallel to the aisle as there's no hole to fit your legs into. Slight minuses of that seat include being close to the rear crew area, which might mean there constantly being white flourescent light shining through the back. No toilet smell fortunately.

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Anyone flown in row 96 of the all J upper deck A380?

I have a very particular question regarding the seat when in 'bed mode':

I know that due to the way the seats are design, non-bulkhead seats will have limited legspace 'a hole into the seat in front of you - less than half of the width of the seat itself' and also limited headspace, as the legspace of the pax behind you will form an intrusion right next to your head.

I know that row 96 does not have the legspace issue as there is no seat in front of it, so it is just a full length stowaway flap/board thingy which is excellent.

But the real question is, how about the headspace? Since there is no seat behind row 96, i would imagine the headspace would also be full width with no intrusion. Could anyone who has flown in row 96 confirm this? If this is true then it would mean there is a 34' wide full length bed from head to tow and you don't have to lie at an angle in anyway? (god that sounded good!)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by RBH58
The seats are over-rated.
I am so excited for my first flight on SQ's A380 on J. I must say after reading all the posts by critics, I am somewhat deflated. I thought these were the best J seats ever. Is it that most posters are over critical???? I for one hope that is the case. Cheers!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by orli-flier
I am so excited for my first flight on SQ's A380 on J. I must say after reading all the posts by critics, I am somewhat deflated. I thought these were the best J seats ever. Is it that most posters are over critical???? I for one hope that is the case. Cheers!
They are pretty good, you will enjoy the flight.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, EK G,
Question 96A on A380 V2

I have just booked 96A tomorrow on SQ308 LHR. With such a late booking, it is the only available seat in J. I shall post a report on Sunday; I usually use the front cabin and am somewhat sceptical about this seat, although the extra width footwell is likely to be a major advantage. I believe there is a seat rewvamp starting in October and it would be nice if SQ has listenend to the significant number of complaints about the J seats - a real shame to have so wide a seat & yet to be so uncomfortable (extra pillows solves the problem though). Of course, I still live in hope that PPS might bag me an upgrade - but that hasn't happened in 13 years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.