Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
front mini cabin first row seats - just because of the wider space for the feet. Or any other first row seats if front cabin not available. I find it annoying that I have to stick my feet in the hole and not to sleep in a different angle.
We are discussing best seats in A380 not 77W.

In which case, front row of front cabin is the worst seat as it has no window and narrower footrest than normal bulkhead

Last edited by 9V-SIA; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:05 am
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold, EK Gold, SQ PPS, IHG AMB, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by aster
Does anyone who has flown both the SQ and QF A380 share the above poster's opinion of the QF hard product being better?
For me, QF J seat is more comfortable in the lounging position.

But SQ triumphs in 1)flat bed (I like my bed firm), 2)window+aisle access combo, and 3)privacy (I like to be boxed in).

So the moral of the story is... everyone has their personal preferences

K
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 9V-SIA
We are discussing best seats in A380 not 77W.

In which case, front row of front cabin is the worse seat as it has no window and narrower footrest than normal bulkhead
Not talking about the 77W so not sure why you are

The footrest in the front mini cabin is still wider than the box at all other seats. No window - doesn't make the seat itself worse, just whether you want comfort plus a view outside or not.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
Not talking about the 77W so not sure why you are

The footrest in the front mini cabin is still wider than the box at all other seats. No window - doesn't make the seat itself worse, just whether you want comfort plus a view outside or not.
This is what row 11 in an A380 looks like.

Here it is...

No windows. Narrow foot rest. The overhead locker is too small for regulation size cabin bag

Last edited by 9V-SIA; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:08 am
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 9V-SIA
This is what row 11 in an A380 looks like.

Here it is...

No windows. Narrow foot rest. The overhead locker is too small for regulation size cabin bag
Mate - not sure why you are showing the pictures to me?!? I know the seat and as from your own pictures you can see that you don't have to put your feet in a hole! I get your point .... You don't like it, but I do!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I'm in 15A in a few days... looks like it will be a good seat. Can't wait!

Question - are those side lockers next to the seat? If so, are they big enough for a backpack? First time SQ J flyer, so not entirely too sure how big of a carry-on is too big.

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Anyone flown in row 96 of the all J upper deck A380?

I have a very particular question regarding the seat when in 'bed mode':

I know that due to the way the seats are design, non-bulkhead seats will have limited legspace 'a hole into the seat in front of you - less than half of the width of the seat itself' and also limited headspace, as the legspace of the pax behind you will form an intrusion right next to your head.

I know that row 96 does not have the legspace issue as there is no seat in front of it, so it is just a full length stowaway flap/board thingy which is excellent.

But the real question is, how about the headspace? Since there is no seat behind row 96, i would imagine the headspace would also be full width with no intrusion. Could anyone who has flown in row 96 confirm this? If this is true then it would mean there is a 34' wide full length bed from head to tow and you don't have to lie at an angle in anyway? (god that sounded good!)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Originally Posted by ldnhlj
But the real question is, how about the headspace? Since there is no seat behind row 96, i would imagine the headspace would also be full width with no intrusion. Could anyone who has flown in row 96 confirm this? If this is true then it would mean there is a 34' wide full length bed from head to tow and you don't have to lie at an angle in anyway? (god that sounded good!)
Flown this product many times but I've never had a back row seat. It would be interesting to know if this makes a difference...but I do know that front row difference in foot space is worthwhile.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Quick question

This is a little off topic. I am booked on seat 15 A and looking forward to it. Have flown A380 J once and thought it was great. I was in the second/middle section rather than the front row 11-15 area.

I am wondering what is in the front cabin to either side of the stairs? Some airlines have it as a little lounge sitting area and bar. Is the configuration on SIA the same? There doesn't seem to be any information out there about this.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by RBH58
Flown this product many times but I've never had a back row seat. It would be interesting to know if this makes a difference...but I do know that front row difference in foot space is worthwhile.
On second thought, it might be that the seats are all identical, i.e. intrusion next to headspace, so that they could be flexibly arranged and 'stacked'. The legrest is an exception as it is not actually part of the seat, rather an attachment to the bulkhead.

hmmm, would love to be proved otherwise!

Folks, anyone flying the all J upper deck please have a quick look and report back!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Last time on the ZRH-SIN flight I had a look and they are the same seats. Just think about it that it would mean ordering a somewhat different shell for those seats which makes no economical sense. You couldn't switch them out easily from a maintenance perspective too.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Last time on the ZRH-SIN flight I had a look and they are the same seats. Just think about it that it would mean ordering a somewhat different shell for those seats which makes no economical sense. You couldn't switch them out easily from a maintenance perspective too.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, that corresponds exactly to my 'second thought'! lol

ahh well, first world problem.

Happy flighting! (oh damn Come Fly with Me!)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:38 pm

not quite sure if it's against forum's policy. If so, please delete this posting.

ldnhlj, this may help you a bit
http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...highlight=a380

There are some discussion about row 96.

cheers,
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by sushiinSYD
not quite sure if it's against forum's policy. If so, please delete this posting.

ldnhlj, this may help you a bit
http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...highlight=a380

There are some discussion about row 96.

cheers,
Thanks for that! But I already looked through that thread before i even posted the question as I couldn't find any answer that was specific to my question.

Still thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Thanks for that! But I already looked through that thread before i even posted the question as I couldn't find any answer that was specific to my question.

Still thanks for the heads up!
Oops, I thought that was in that thread. I should have read carefully. Sorry...
Anyway, as demue's states, I remember having read some posting "exactly the same seat. Hence there is no extra head space."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.