Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Website issues on 'new' SQ website (From May 2011-July 6 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website issues on 'new' SQ website (From May 2011-July 6 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cssaus
TO elaborate on my previous post, I'm using Internet Explorer 9 and encountering the problem. Using another system with Internet Explorer 8 the problem doesn't occur.
Yes that makes sense. A semi-decent browser doesn't work, yet an awful hateful browser does? Bravo SIA lol.

Can't help but laugh at this point
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by MagicWok
Yes that makes sense. A semi-decent browser doesn't work, yet an awful hateful browser does? Bravo SIA lol.

Can't help but laugh at this point
Backed out IE9 and went back to IE8. Cleared my history and cookies and the problem went away. Mind you, it was working for a while with IE9.

Might try again.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:04 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FQFlyer
Has anyone been blessed by the so-called "teething problems" as in getting a wait-listed saver award confirmed over the phone? I'm desperate to get mine. Should I give it a try? Or could it actually be one of the many problems of the website that it's still wait-listed?
Yes. Local office in NZ rang me to confirm a waitlisted flight for this Thursday. Very impressed with the service.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
I've just lost all my reservations on the manage my bookings section...

When oh when will they fix this thing.... Its getting worse by day..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:56 pm

This new Singapore Airlines website is a joke. I am trying to book 4 tickets to Singapore and after fill out all personal information and it will not let me to continue, till now, either nobody knows how to fix it or they did not know the issue for this particular problem. I ended up calling the 800 numbers and they were kindly took my reservation on the phone. However, I still have not heard from them to confirm my payment.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:34 pm

After repeated unsuccessful efforts over the course of the past month or so to do some of the most basic functions on the web site, and after reading thru this thread, I'm convinced that this is one of the worst examples I've ever seen of a major global corporation launching a customer web site that was such a non-functioning mess; and having it remain live for so long.

Just curious, can anyone recall scenarios with other airlines or other companies where this was the case? I know, for example, that merging airlines have run into website issues when they've integrated their IT platforms, but I don't recall anything this extreme, or anything that lasted this long.

Last edited by davp; Jun 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:00 am

With trepidation I booked a a business class itinerary this morning SYD-SIN-HKG-SIN-SYD. The booking went thru ok and no problem with the use of my credit card.

However, what's got me with the new website was when I was making my seat selection on the A380 sectors. SQ's web site shows seats 16A & 16K (both shown as occupied) yet when I look at SeatExpert or SeatGuru they only show seats 16D & 16F.

Who is right and who is wrong???

The other irregularity is that my itinerary shows that for the sector SYD-SIN SQ212 is shown as being 1 stop. Can someone suggest where that might be? The return flight on SQ221 SIN-SYD is shown as non-stop.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I believe this issue came up in a discussion in early May (and I am surprised it hasn't been fixed yet) but when I try to book a multi-city ticket online, I get a message saying that my destination could not be found (when it actual fact, SQ/Silk Air do fly there). Not sure what is happening here...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:17 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Another little good news in the midst of all this turmoil: bookings made on the phone (with SQ) now allow online seat selection. I had a phone booking since May 23rd and never managed to select a seat online (was not surprised though, as a friend warned me beforehand but I still wanted to try).

Today I made a change to that booking, changing the return flight date and.... surprise, I can now select my seat for both legs!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Now on SQ.com...

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.c1a32ed0.1309369240.d07c40
Maybe they are working on the site...?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: SIXT Platinum, Hertz Gold, A3 Blue, TK Elite, Krisflyer Elite Silver
I've tried for so long, many calls to SIA, but it still does not work.
I also cannot recall any other case where a cooperation with such a reputation launched a website with such a poor quality - and is not able to fix the issue in a timely manner.

Forget to book a multi-city itinerary - what a headache.
And so many little but annoying errors.

I really would like to know the damage caused by this....
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:11 am

This seems to be a new error as I've only encountered it from today (on two different computers using Safari and Firefox).

- I'm logged into the SQ website as KrisFlyer member
- Clicked on 'View Account'
- Clicked on 'Manage Bookings' in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen

... and it leads to a completely blank white page now.

Anyone else encountering this?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by maestro1981
This seems to be a new error as I've only encountered it from today (on two different computers using Safari and Firefox).

Yes I did.. And when I went on and searched for it, it produced an internal server error message..
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:23 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver

Had that problem earlier, before you posted your question and it's still not working.... blank page.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:57 pm

Me too!

Isn't it great debugging the web site for Singapore Airlines

I just wonder if they're only fixing the problems they themselves uncover or lurk on the forum and take our fault findings and criticisms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.