Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
If there are only wait listed first class showing and I want to book 2 seats should I:

* Book both wait listed seats on same reservation, or
* Book the wait listed seats on two separate reservations?

What is the best strategy to get at least one to clear?
I booked both waitlisted seats on the same reservation. Didn't want to get stuck on a one way trip.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Interesting twist.

My anal checking showed a waitlisted 1st class segment available tonight. So, I called to get it confirmed. The number of miles she wanted to charge was not right, so I asked a few more questions.

She said the saver was NOT available. I told her a few times I could see it on the website. No luck. So, I will just hang back and wait. She did say she would send a chaser. Yea....
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:51 am

That happens more frequently than you think. You could offer to send them proof although this doesn't always work - remember, you're dealing with the bureaucracy to end all bureaucracies here. Try calling again if you're still seeing the availability.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Just hang up and call again. You may get a more knowledgeable or compassionate agent.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
Just hang up and call again. You may get a more knowledgeable or compassionate agent.
ive had good luck with that on one occasssion
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
She said the saver was NOT available. I told her a few times I could see it on the website.
Probably due to married segments logic again. You're flying A-B-C, with A-B confirmed and B-C waitlisted, right? In SQ's world, B-C availability is different from A-B-C availability. For whatever reason.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by shuigao
Probably due to married segments logic again. You're flying A-B-C, with A-B confirmed and B-C waitlisted, right? In SQ's world, B-C availability is different from A-B-C availability. For whatever reason.
Tried again last night. No luck.

I wondered about married logic, so I tried A-B-C for the same day as my waitlisted B-C and it came up.

We are doing a stopover and when I try the A-B-C with the correct dates, the first part is waitlisted. That "might" because we already have two seats on the A-B.

In any event, I can get saver from A-B-C on the day of the B-C flight.

Though I am okay to wait, the fact that a seat finally opened up on B-C concerns me. Somebody may well get that.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I was waitlisted in F for 26 Dec 15 AKL-SIN which was confirmed 20 Dec 15 & waitlisted F for 15 Jan 16 SIN-AKL which was confirmed 16 Dec 15. Booking was made on 12 Dec 15.

SQ call centre staff in SIN added a connecting flight in J to my booking for my return SIN-AKL without any issues (ie Mixed Class Booking & 15% online discount given).

Very impressed with service.

Last edited by WLG Base; Dec 23, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
I haven't heard a lot of reports of waitlists failing, so I hope I can get lucky. I have three days waitlisted in January for 2 Suites seats LAX-NRT

Called today to add another waitlisted day, and the rep suggested he could send a chaser. We'll see if that does anything?

Anyone NOT have success with the waitlist? I transferred miles from UR, but was able to book C on the same flight I want.

I only transferred the miles for 2x C, and could make separate one-person F reservations. I'll top off the miles if F clears. The extra 10k seems like a no-brainer on this.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:45 pm

I was waitlisted on F upgrade while holding a commercial J. Took me 3 weeks for the waitlist to clear and one call to follow-up. The waitlist cleared about 1 week after a phone call to PPS coordinator. When I look at the seating... *drum* There is no one in the cabin.

I wonder why the seat is not released in the first place, even 1 for F saver. There are 8 seats in old F cabin and the flight is still 5 months away without anyone in booked.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
I managed to confirm 2 x F Suites awards from DEL to SIN on SQ403 continuing onto SYD on SQ231

SQ403 lands in SIN at 6:10am and SQ231 leaves SIN at 12:45am the following day. We'll make the most of the long layover to enjoy TPR in SIN both at arrival and departure times as well as a visit to the city however I was hoping to leave SIN earlier on SQ221 at 8:15pm

How do I waitlist on SQ221 - do I need to call them or can I do it online? Also if the waitlist clears will I be charged any money / miles for the change?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by sammybk

Anyone NOT have success with the waitlist? I transferred miles from UR, but was able to book C on the same flight I want.
Yes, happens quite often with SQ that the wait-list does NOT clear although the plane may go with a few empty premier cabin seats.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:15 am

If you want to keep your waitlist for 231 and also waitlist for 221, you need to have enough miles in your account to waitlist for 221. It'll be a totally separate booking.

If you want to cancel your 231 waitlist and just waitlist for 221; cancel 231, then check that the miles for 231 are back in your account, the proceed to waitlist for 221. If they're not back in your account immediately you need to call and ask them to get it done quickly. If you have enough for 221 anyway then obviously this doesn't apply.

Last edited by Phaze; Jan 6, 2016 at 1:15 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:47 pm

Data point:

JFK-FRA in Suites for 1/14:

Waitlisted 11/22
Cleared 12/28
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by Phaze
If you want to keep your waitlist for 231 and also waitlist for 221, you need to have enough miles in your account to waitlist for 221. It'll be a totally separate booking.

If you want to cancel your 231 waitlist and just waitlist for 221; cancel 231, then check that the miles for 231 are back in your account, the proceeds to waitlist for 221. If they're not back in your account immediately you need to call and ask them to get it done quickly. If you have enough for 221 anyway then obviously this doesn't apply.
Thanks for your reply.

SQ231 is already confirmed (with miles) - so it sounds like I need to have enough miles in my account to waitlist SQ221 then if the waitlist clears call and ask them to cancel SQ231 and get those miles refunded, right? If I do that will I be charge a penalty for cancellation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.