Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFE on 744?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
IFE on 744?

Hi,

I'll be flying LAX-SIN-LAX in F later this week. I checked the SQ site and it lists the "new" movies, but is that all that is available? I am a little concerned about the amount of time in the air round trip if that is all there is in terms of movies. Can someone give me an idea of how many more movies there are than this?

A stupid question, I know, and one that I usually never worry about. It's just this time I am trying to travel light and maybe not even bring a laptop.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...p?v=454745846&
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by troyb
Hi,

I'll be flying LAX-SIN-LAX in F later this week. I checked the SQ site and it lists the "new" movies, but is that all that is available? I am a little concerned about the amount of time in the air round trip if that is all there is in terms of movies. Can someone give me an idea of how many more movies there are than this?

A stupid question, I know, and one that I usually never worry about. It's just this time I am trying to travel light and maybe not even bring a laptop.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...p?v=454745846&
You are not a 744 you are on a A340-500. The flight has tons of movies and some that are still theaters.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, US CP
Originally Posted by njshawn
You are not a 744 you are on a A340-500. The flight has tons of movies and some that are still theaters.
I think he's on SQ 11/12 which is on a 744 and is also the only way to fly F on SQ from LAX-SIN.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Whichever, there are at least 60 movies + oodles of tv shows, games, etc.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Yea, I'm on the connecting NRT flight on the 744.

Thanks for the confirmation. I dont particularly care what is on, just that there is something!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
From past experience, I could survive without my laptop when taking SQ. There are many movies to choose from. Or else, the audio on demand has lots of music collection. Of course, once I have experienced the avod on 77W or A380, I would think that the video quality on 744 is not that good.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Even in J the IFE will keep you occupied for hours, with lots of films to choose from. You're in good hands.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:24 pm

What is the entertainment situation in economy class on the 744?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

After all that, ends up that the IFE was broken on one of my flights (about 8 hours). Oh well.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by MisterAviator
What is the entertainment situation in economy class on the 744?
Small screen, I would give it a pass but if there's nothing better to do then you can still watch stuff and/or play games.

Once you try the IFE in Y on the A380/77W there's no going back, so when on the 744 in Y I just flip out the DS or PSP for some fun.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH Oil & Energy Club
I'm thinking on doing JFK-FRA in business class on the 747 over the 4th of July weekend... it will be my first time with SQ, from this thread I understand that C class will have AVOD, am I right?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA
When I last flew SIN-FRA-JFK on their 744 about 2 weeks ago, there was AVOD on Krisworld, though old and screens where small. Latest movie offerings were about the same as the new Krisworld (took A330 from PER - SIN the day before the 744 flight).

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.