Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Retro-fit 777-200 Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Retro-fit 777-200 Routes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 pm

New Biz class is indeed a lot better. But the red eye flights are too short to sleep. I had to tell the FA that DND and only wake me up before landing. But I did manage to sleep for a few hours on the new seat
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Have now experienced the new short-haul Business Class seats (between PVG & SIN) and can report that they are not bad at all. Certainly an improvement on the previous offering. The seat adjustments are a bit fiddly and they still have an 8 degree incline when flat so they are not as nice a bed as the A380/777-300ER offering, but I could argue that they are a better seat (I've never been a big fan of the too-wide-too-flat-too-hard A380 seat).
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I'm a newbie with SQ - so please don't flame me

Looking at ATH-SIN in C (flight 397) and it says 772 (with 5 configurations).

Are these lie flat (angled) beds? or am I looking at expecting to be seated upright for 10hours?

**sorry I found the info asked on the master thread** pls excuse me**

Last edited by alanslegal; Oct 20, 2010 at 6:28 pm
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nick C
872/871 is a recent reinstated addition due to increased demand. We ought to see it getting the retrofitted planes maybe by year end.

SQ872 still looks like it's being operated with the old config...any word on when this will be retrofitted?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member
Hmm .. Any info regarding on SQ 454 sin - DXB? Are they gonna retro fit it by any chance?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by smk48
SQ872 still looks like it's being operated with the old config...any word on when this will be retrofitted?
I flew SQ872 exactly 2 weeks ago. It was retrofitted with the mini cabin in business which doesn't have row 18 for some reason. Everything looked spanking new.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Retro-fitted Cabins?

So currently 777-200 serves IST, ATH, COP, FCO and AMS am I right?

Which of these planes has the new regional J seating please guys?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
So currently 777-200 serves IST, ATH, COP, FCO and AMS am I right?

Which of these planes has the new regional J seating please guys?
None of them. ATH, CPH, FCO and AMS receive the SpaceBed.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
None of them. ATH, CPH, FCO and AMS receive the SpaceBed.
Damn now I am confused - KF reps told me on phone that FCO and AMS fitted with new regional seats - never mentioned Space Beds at all.

Tossing up AMS or FCO to depart to MEL in July - any advantages either way?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
SQ826 to PVG

Noticed that they changed back to the old config on my booking 24th of Jan. Anyone know what the reason is? Don't want to do the red eye in the old seats
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
Noticed that they changed back to the old config on my booking 24th of Jan. Anyone know what the reason is? Don't want to do the red eye in the old seats
It was not the old one when I flew on 15/Jan.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I will be on SQ 242/478/479/241 SYD-SIN-JNB-SIN-SYD in Y in the near future. First paid Y in about 2000 years so I am terrified.

For the life of it I can't seem to find what configuration those birds have. Do they even have AVOD? And what made me book Y in the first place?

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Mar 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm Reason: Can't even type "Y".
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I will be on SQ 242/478/479/241 SYD-SIN-JNB-SIN-SYD in Y in the near future. First paid Y in about 2000 years so I am terrified.

For the life of it I can't seem to find what configuration those birds have. Do they even have AVOD? And what made me book Y in the first place?
Yes. AVOD on all long haul SQ aircrafts. You just have to be sure that this fare lets you accrue mileage. Many fares from SYD to S Africa do not.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes. AVOD on all long haul SQ aircrafts. You just have to be sure that this fare lets you accrue mileage. Many fares from SYD to S Africa do not.
Thanks!

Its H class. So yes, I spent $300 to get miles. Still shocked that you can't even pre-select seats. Is this the config where Y starts in row 31 and ends in row 57?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Still shocked that you can't even pre-select seats.
You can select your seats as soon as you purchase the tickets... as long as you're doing so on the SQ web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.