Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update Roissy CDG2E

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Update Roissy CDG2E

After opening a new 5,700 sq meters boarding area last December, and a smallish (500 sq meters) extension in CDG2C at the same time,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332767

ADP has opened a second additional boarding area twice that size on June 15th, called Satellite H. Passengers departing from this second new boarding area are bussed from the first new boarding area in CDG2E. It also includes a 300 seats lounge for AF premium and elite passengers

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...uementdu2e.pdf

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 24, 2005 at 3:10 pm
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:27 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
ADP has opened a second additional boarding area twice that size on June 15th, called Satellite H.
Thank you for solving the mystery ^
  • this 'building' seems to be ADP's emergency reply to the 2E tragedy
  • not really a terminal, since access will be restricted to passengers departing on selected routes
  • in total contradiction with ADP's architectural tradition, Satellite H concrete cube looks more like the trendy 'low cost terminals' (15 M €)

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Passengers departing from this second new boarding area are bussed from the first new boarding area in CDG2E.
  • CDG is definetely becoming a bus friendly airport, ADP being 'Autobus De Paris'
  • they need a FBP (Frequent Bus user Program). I suggest 'Fréquence Bus'
  • now, how can they handle 45' connecting times with Sat H?

I suspect that the worse connecting situations will be something like 2B-2E, especially for flights operated by Régional on minor european routes (Ljubliana, Manchester off peak, Goethenburg, etc). Régional operates small aircrafts (EMB and BAE) parked on a remote area completely west of Terminal 2. No jetways of course. Busses, busses, busses. Usually allow 40' minutes for boarding... 40 passengers (that includes the bus trip). Besides, busses follow a complex circulation loop around the different buildings (one way only). A typical connection scenario would be:
  • arrival on the small Régional west parking
  • deplane (5')
  • take the bus ride to 2B main building (10')
  • go through the police inspection (yes, there is still a police check at 2B even for Schengen flights from Prague or Ljubliana) (3 to 5')
  • transfer to 2E (10 to 15')
  • bus transfer to Sat H (10 to 15')
Definitely not compatible with the 45' official minimum connection time. And I am even not going to challenge CDG's 'luggage friendly' airport reputation .
The only advantage I see with Sat H is that it is very near to the northern runway. And the large AF lounge (1,100 m²). I would be interested to know more about the new 'canopées' (american) boarding system (1st time at CDG). Is it that different from a traditional jetway?

BTW, why 'H'? Is there a 2G or Sat G in preparation? I hope ADP is not going to expand this remote boarding satellites scheme. Cheap buildings with expensive operation costs (busses and plenty of last minute rush minivans buzzing all around for short connections. VERY expensive!)
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
  • arrival on the small Régional west parking
  • deplane (5')
  • take the bus ride to 2B main building (10')
  • go through the police inspection (yes, there is still a police check at 2B even for Schengen flights from Prague or Ljubliana) (3 to 5')
  • transfer to 2E (10 to 15')
  • bus transfer to Sat H (10 to 15')
good points.

BTW Prague or Ljubljana is EU but NO SCHENGEN!!! like the UK.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
BTW Prague or Ljubljana is EU but NO SCHENGEN!!! like the UK.
Then I really need the EU parliament visit during the Choucroute Do in SXB...
Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
1/ Well, given the procurement process ("marchés publics", "loi MOP"), it seems difficult to have anything but a pre-fabricated boarding area in less than 8 months.

2/ According to the AF press release, connections involving a departure from CDG 2E, shorter than 90mn, will involve minivans rushing through CDG, driven by "voltigeurs". I have had only very very good experiences with them, at a time when I thought all hope for the connection was lost.

3/ I suspect satellite H could be devoted, once CDG2E is once again fully operational, to regional flights.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
[*]CDG is definetely becoming a bus friendly airport, ADP being 'Autobus De Paris'[*]they need a FBP (Frequent Bus user Program). I suggest 'Fréquence Bus' [*]now, how can they handle 45' connecting times with Sat H?

I totally agree.
Each time I flew Air France, I had the "chance" to a free tour of CDG. We drove from 2E, 2C and 2F or from 2A, thru 2B and 2D.
Too bad we didn't drive to T1 and T3. The tour would have been complete.

During winter times, the driver sometimes forgets to turn on the heater (it was 1°C outside) and yesterday, he turned off the air-con because of water flood and left the crowded bus during ten minutes down the plane. The FA were not ready yet.
Free sauna : fly Air France and ask for boarding by bus.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Air France - making the Bus the best place on earth.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:09 am

Air France - making the Bus the best place on earth.
Pardon? ADP - making the Bus the best place on earth.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone heard about rumours on ADP and RATP merger?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:15 am

"ADP, le monde entier est notre invité" dans le bus.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
anyone heard about rumours on ADP and RATP merger?
R U crazy?
They could go on strike.
How could we board then?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Indianocean
R U crazy?
They could go on strike.
How could we board then?
walking. discover CDG. the ultimative walking experience.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:31 am

"All you can have flying Air France, a whole world of experiences."
Maybe the new motto.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

CDG has been a great walking experience in the past. However, this past week, transfers have been horrible. Long walks, long waits for buses, poor directions, complete chaos. As has been discussed, ad nauseum, AF is wonderful in-flight, why does it have to detiorate at CDG. Repeat: Inflight Service is superb..why is Ground Service amateur hour?(e.g. 300 pax boarding 777 to LAX...2 agents collecting BP's. No designated lines for Premium pax, Pax at each other's throat just attempting to board during a hot summer day when they have survived the travails of the CDG transfer buses
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Inflight Service is superb..why is Ground Service amateur hour?
If nothing else, this explains why AF and KL decided to get married. KL, too, is pretty clueless when it comes to ground services, and downright awful if you have a service recovery issue. In the air they are hardly superb, but at least fairly consistently rather decent.
Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.