Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Feelin' Pretty good today with AA miles (for a change!) Summer USA-LHR in F!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 11:33 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb

Quite a bit of F availability US-LHR in F routing through JFK/DFW on many dates throughout the summer.

We just booked round-trip PHX-DFW-LHR and back for 144k miles per passenger (+$330 cash) for August travel--many of the flights had 4-5 seats available.

My brother was able to book ex-PDX for 166k miles routing through DFW.

Figured I'd share with the group if anyone needs to take a vacation.... (and so we can have a thread to NOT grumble about here! )
Old May 12, 2024, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Another FTer just found LAX-DFW-FRA in Business this Summer for 62K miles one way:

LAX-FRA-LAX...couple questions
Old May 12, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
JFK-FCO in J also available on many dates throughout the summer (2x daily flights). Little availability on the return though.
Old May 12, 2024, 12:45 pm

I never understood people who couldn't value out of AA miles. It is definitely the most valuable mileage currency I have and I regularly get 2-3 cpp even on economy tickets with the right booking strategies
ryanbriar and Fly2Connect like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I booked USA to CPH @ 62K via PHL in July & round trip USA - CDG @ 62K each way & JAL @ 80K in First on the A350 end of September. The hard part is determining which to cancel as I cannot travel all of the travel.
Old May 12, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I just scored 2 lax-jfk nonstop in F last Wednesday for a flight 2 days later.

But it was 8 hours late:
SFO777 likes this.

Last edited by beachfan; May 12, 2024 at 2:45 pm
Old May 13, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Originally Posted by kodalip
I never understood people who couldn't value out of AA miles. It is definitely the most valuable mileage currency I have and I regularly get 2-3 cpp even on economy tickets with the right booking strategies
This is rarely what people cry about. It's the huge difference in taxes on award flights on BA, lack of availability for folks who have very little flexibility or the wherewithall to search as if their life depended on it, or needing work arounds like calling AA in another country to reserve tickets on Etihad and then purchase them via a US based method. My biggest pet peeve is floating award prices. I booked about 45 days in advance and canceled and rebooked the exact same flights twice at progressively lower mileage spends.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat
Had booked DFW-ATL-LHR in F about 6 months ago for 85k plus $736 (AA-BA connection) each for two. Set up an alert and found DFW-LHR direct in J for 62k and $6 so switched. Flying June 25
355F1 and notquiteaff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.