Wiki Posts
Search

A321neo galley/washrooms

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
A321neo galley/washrooms

A vote of sympathy to all the crew working ET on the 321neo.

I can't help but think that the designer had never been on a plane... halving the size of the galley and putting the washrooms exactly where you need to set up the BoB trolley seems to make life difficult... On a full ATH flight it looked almost impossible!

On the plus side, it introduces a new game. How many times does the average person need to say sorry while trying to get to the washrooms!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:29 am

With presumably little experience in cabin design yet you were able to detect an obvious problem with layout at this early stage, I have little sympathy given that BA including Cabin Design and Crew will have been involved in the layout design and handover yet noone felt it necessary to complain?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gw76
With presumably little experience in cabin design yet you were able to detect an obvious problem with layout at this early stage, I have little sympathy given that BA including Cabin Design and Crew will have been involved in the layout design and handover yet noone felt it necessary to complain?
To what extent do you think BA were ‘involved’ in the SpaceFlex galley/toilet design? Sadly, I think you will find it on pretty much all A320/321s being delivered nowadays! I’m not a fan, I just think BA had little choice in following this development.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by TedToToe

To what extent do you think BA were ‘involved’ in the SpaceFlex galley/toilet design? Sadly, I think you will find it on pretty much all A320/321s being delivered nowadays! I’m not a fan, I just think BA had little choice in following this development.
BA might not have designed it, but they certainly chose it for their aircraft. You don't have to have that setup, Airbus will gladly install a full size galley front and rear, cupboards, wardrobes, 6 full size toilets etc if you want them, it's simply that BA decided they wanted to cram the extra seats in instead. They were not forced into this config which pleases the accountants but infuriates the crew and customer, they chose it.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
And yet, what are the options for passengers and crew?

easyJet have the same layout, Ryanair will to with the MAX. People are voting with their wallets. If passengers want more space, service and a full-size WC, CE is available on every flight.
nancypants and TedToToe like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
And yet, what are the options for passengers and crew?

easyJet have the same layout, Ryanair will to with the MAX. People are voting with their wallets. If passengers want more space, service and a full-size WC, CE is available on every flight.
Have you been in a CE toilet? They are as cramped as any other.
LBP2 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Have you been in a CE toilet? They are as cramped as any other.
You've not had the pleasure of using a toilet on the NEOs, they are smaller and more cramped than the CE toilet!
flygirl68 and TedToToe like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
I was told on a recent ARN that there is a health & safety issue with regard to the rear half galley and micro-loo which BA are allegedly and reluctantly coming round to accept as unworkable.

The CSM said much of it was Galley FM, but full size rear galleys may be returning as, along with the H&S issue, much of the BOB catering was currently having to be stowed in the forward galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.