A321neo galley/washrooms

Reply

Old Apr 20, 19, 3:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ex-SOU
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 105
A321neo galley/washrooms

A vote of sympathy to all the crew working ET on the 321neo.

I can't help but think that the designer had never been on a plane... halving the size of the galley and putting the washrooms exactly where you need to set up the BoB trolley seems to make life difficult... On a full ATH flight it looked almost impossible!

On the plus side, it introduces a new game. How many times does the average person need to say sorry while trying to get to the washrooms!
jamespi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 4:29 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,098
With presumably little experience in cabin design yet you were able to detect an obvious problem with layout at this early stage, I have little sympathy given that BA including Cabin Design and Crew will have been involved in the layout design and handover yet noone felt it necessary to complain?
gw76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 4:45 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by gw76 View Post
With presumably little experience in cabin design yet you were able to detect an obvious problem with layout at this early stage, I have little sympathy given that BA including Cabin Design and Crew will have been involved in the layout design and handover yet noone felt it necessary to complain?
To what extent do you think BA were ‘involved’ in the SpaceFlex galley/toilet design? Sadly, I think you will find it on pretty much all A320/321s being delivered nowadays! I’m not a fan, I just think BA had little choice in following this development.
TedToToe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 5:00 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 2,505
Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post

To what extent do you think BA were ‘involved’ in the SpaceFlex galley/toilet design? Sadly, I think you will find it on pretty much all A320/321s being delivered nowadays! I’m not a fan, I just think BA had little choice in following this development.
BA might not have designed it, but they certainly chose it for their aircraft. You don't have to have that setup, Airbus will gladly install a full size galley front and rear, cupboards, wardrobes, 6 full size toilets etc if you want them, it's simply that BA decided they wanted to cram the extra seats in instead. They were not forced into this config which pleases the accountants but infuriates the crew and customer, they chose it.
Airprox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 5:05 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 654
And yet, what are the options for passengers and crew?

easyJet have the same layout, Ryanair will to with the MAX. People are voting with their wallets. If passengers want more space, service and a full-size WC, CE is available on every flight.
nancypants and TedToToe like this.
BrianDromey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 6:23 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK.
Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver, aiming for Blue!
Posts: 1,043
Originally Posted by BrianDromey View Post
And yet, what are the options for passengers and crew?

easyJet have the same layout, Ryanair will to with the MAX. People are voting with their wallets. If passengers want more space, service and a full-size WC, CE is available on every flight.
Have you been in a CE toilet? They are as cramped as any other.
LBP2 and wilsnunn like this.
lhrpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 8:26 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Helsinki
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
Have you been in a CE toilet? They are as cramped as any other.
You've not had the pleasure of using a toilet on the NEOs, they are smaller and more cramped than the CE toilet!
flygirl68 and TedToToe like this.
offshore_bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 11:50 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BCN, Sitges, MAN
Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Posts: 555
I was told on a recent ARN that there is a health & safety issue with regard to the rear half galley and micro-loo which BA are allegedly and reluctantly coming round to accept as unworkable.

The CSM said much of it was Galley FM, but full size rear galleys may be returning as, along with the H&S issue, much of the BOB catering was currently having to be stowed in the forward galley.
PrimaVista is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread