Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Domestic T5 arrival xfer T3. Can I visit CCR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry

Arriving into T5 from NCL
4 hour layover
Onwards in F on BA from T3
Are we allowed to visit the CCR?

Telecasterman likes this.

Last edited by AleTrail; Apr 18, 2019 at 1:07 am Reason: avoiding FT pedants
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:09 am

Nope.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
No, but you can use the CX First Class lounge in T3 which is better than the CCR, in my opinion of course.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold +++
BA never informed me about this "restriction" when I booked my past F-flight.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Heliboy
It's always worth checking out what lounges are available in the terminal(s) that you are flying from before starting the journey. No surprises that way.

BA do say that the CCR is exclusive to LHR T5 & JFK T7: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...es/first/first
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:38 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
To expand a little on why I also believe the answer is "no", just to help the OP with understanding.

When you arrive at T5 from a domestic flight, obviously there is no immediate additional security check but you do still need to be processed through the flight connections route to get truly airside. If you present a T3 boarding pass and try to access T5 with it then you'll be refused - so physically any route to the CCR is effectively blocked.

The transfer to T3 also, I'm afraid, causes another security search because incoming international and domestic passengers mix during the bus transfer process.
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you have just booked this, and are therefore within 24 hours of booking, you can change the ticket without a change fee, and there may be another routing that allows for a T5 departure. Now much as though I like the CCR I'm not sure I'd go to that much trouble, the T3 lounges are almost as good. Also if you are returning via T3 and in First then you would be able to visit the CCR before LHR-NCL.

Note also that if you have only a few hours between flights, you may be given a direct car transfer to T3 on arrival from NCL, which would also sweep you well away from T5.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
BA would have informed you of your departure terminal, which was presumably T3 given the veiled complaint you make - and it is hardly a secret that the only Concorde Room at Heathrow is in T5.
Crofton138 and SKT-DK like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:19 pm

No.

To help you overcome the hassle of having to change terminals, BA have kindly arrange for you to use the two best lounges at LHR: Qantas and Cathay Pacific First.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA would have informed you of your departure terminal, which was presumably T3 given the veiled complaint you make - and it is hardly a secret that the only Concorde Room at Heathrow is in T5.
Veiled? He started a whole thread to complain about it. Although the reality was a lack of research and preparation.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:36 pm

The Cathay first lounge is much better than the CCR. The food is fabulous

BA will tell you to use their lounge in T3- dont

Lounge hopping is good- quantas is also probably better than CCR

The CCR room loos are disgusting (1960s secondary school- just missing the izal- modern schools have better toilets) .
The food is mediocre.
You cant get a spa appointment - even 28 days out- they shouldn't be allowed to advertise it when it consistently isn't available,

The only redeeming feature is the LPGS.

Cathay have- great food, lovely loos and a choice of good enough champagne and very decent wine and cocktails.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
You cant get a spa appointment - even 28 days out- they shouldn't be allowed to advertise it when it consistently isn't available
I’ve just made my spa booking today for me and my companion, 28 days in advance. I’ve consistently been able to get treatments booked 28 days in advance either in T5 or T3. Only time I had been turned down was for a shave. Perfect customer service would have been to offer and alternative but I just sent another request for a different treatment that got confirmed.

I consistently see this process being slated but it’s unfair to do so. It’s not a guarantee that everyone will get an appointment but they will try.

Regarding the original post, you can’t access T5 on this occasion but on your return (if you are) you can use the CCR. I transfer up to the regions so will regularly get to use the spa and CCR on both legs. Something I see as a peek over London passengers.

We all have different tastes so try the lounges and make up your own mind. Enjoy!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I’ve just made my spa booking today for me and my companion, 28 days in advance. I’ve consistently been able to get treatments booked 28 days in advance either in T5 or T3.
I've also had no problem when booking spa treatments 28 days out.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
CX First lounge is excellent and the showers, food, service (most of the time) and views are better than CCR. If you can appreciate the difference between LPGS and Moet, then change your flight - otherwise relax in CX and have a wonderful trip!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:23 pm

Actually they dont try. On my recent visit they had only 2 staff working in the elemis spa- I couldn't pre-book an appointment in the 6 hours slot I was in the CCR in advance or on the day.

The only slots on the day were being taken by special services- there was a massive row going on (not me) as I was 2nd in the queue as they opened and the 1st person didnt get an appointment either. When questioned they had just 2 staff working that morning!

When I raised the lack of appointment with BA I got the following reply I can see on your account you have travelled a lot in Club World and we are only able to pre-book treatments if you are travelling in First class - so I am not sure if this has also caused you disappointment.

I was flying in 1st. I have flown Club world exactly twice! They don't even try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.