Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ pricing with Premium Plus Seating

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

E+ pricing with Premium Plus Seating

I was under the impression that UA switched over officially on 03/20, but I just booked a flight in May that priced out as E+, but was in the PP seating area of a brand new 787-10. The fancy new biz class seats are there, so I'd assume it'd be marketed as Polaris? If so, how come I was able to book it as E+?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alsaire
I was under the impression that UA switched over officially on 03/20, but I just booked a flight in May that priced out as E+, but was in the PP seating area of a brand new 787-10. The fancy new biz class seats are there, so I'd assume it'd be marketed as Polaris? If so, how come I was able to book it as E+?
What was the route?

P+ is only being offered on a limited number of routes. On other routes, they may use the P+-equipped planes, but they're not selling the P+ product; instead, those seats are treated as E+. This is done to reduce the number of issues they have if they need to do an aircraft swap to a non-P+-equipped plane.

PS: The launch of P+ service is actually 3/30, not 3/20.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The switch formal switch to PP is "travel after 30 March."

What was the route? SFO<>EWR/BOS or LAX<>EWR?
Even after, 30 March for travel North America, the PP seats will be offered as E+ (no price premium over economy, no separate fare class) and they will not be considered Polaris marketed flights for up front.

And on some Polaris routes, if PP is not being sold for that route but a PP equipped aircraft is used, those will still be considered E+ seats.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The switch formal switch to PP is "travel after 30 March."

What was the route? SFO<>EWR/BOS or LAX<>EWR?
Even after, 30 March for travel North America, the PP seats will be offered as E+ (no price premium over economy, no separate fare class) and they will not be considered Polaris marketed flights for up front.

And on some Polaris routes, if PP is not being sold for that route but a PP equipped aircraft is used, those will still be considered E+ seats.
Originally Posted by jsloan
What was the route?

P+ is only being offered on a limited number of routes. On other routes, they may use the P+-equipped planes, but they're not selling the P+ product; instead, those seats are treated as E+. This is done to reduce the number of issues they have if they need to do an aircraft swap to a non-P+-equipped plane.

PS: The launch of P+ service is actually 3/30, not 3/20.
EWR <> SFO was the first flight I've booked after March, so it seems like I'll be saving some money then! Thanks you two
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
EWR <> SFO was the first flight I've booked after March...
Did that flight in 787-10 PP seat on a G fare recently. Trail run for a TATL later in the year.
There are no announced plans to market PP fares domestically. Would create too many headaches in irrops, as a low percentage of the domestic fleet will have the PP setas. And I suspect the 787-10 on domestic runs will be less frequent in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.