Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Forgot Username and Password, -- How to access LifeMiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT

Interesting problem. I've forgotten both my username and password; it's been a very long time since I wanted to use my LifeMiles account. So I tried typing in my name and date of birth. It asked for my username; but I didn't have it so I guessed... wrong. Couldn't get anywhere there. Then I tried the lost password route. But I don't have any idea what the username or email address is; so no go there. Then I tried the Contact Us link; but it turns out that that only works after you sign in. Finally, I just decided to get another account; but the system apparently figured out that I already have one; although I have no idea how since it didn't recognize any of the other ways I tried to get in.

What now? Any ideas?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
The system reacts that way if your email address is already associated with another account.
Meaning, that is the same email address you used (hopefully nobody else) to register your past account.
that is information.
Search your inbox and email archives for "lifemiles", and an email with your account number should be hidden somewhere.
if searching within your PC email app doesnt work, go to the online version of the email service (gmail/office/yahoo online holds more archives than a local pc email app)
You then reset online using this page (Link)
If that doesnt work, either email (support @ lifemiles.com) or call the Avianca call center, explain your situation, and request for an account reset. (link)
Realize that they will ask you to send the biopage of your pasport.
they will try to see if you had an account based on your first name, last name and DOB.
(Assuming you registered these truthfully, of course)
They may ask you for the telephone number and address you used to register the account in.
If you dont remember those too (either you moved, or dont know if you used work/home address, or changed your phone number), then you are really lost on this one.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
The system reacts that way if your email address is already associated with another account. ... If you dont remember those too (either you moved, or dont know if you used work/home address, or changed your phone number), then you are really lost on this one.
Thanks, this was very helpful. I think that the answer is going to be a new email address, maybe [email protected]. Then I can just start fresh.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:43 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
My LM number is my (US) passport number with a 05 added to the end of it. Maybe you could try that? (Not my passport number, obviously. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.