Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Rewards vs. Wyndham ByRequest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Rewards vs. Wyndham ByRequest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Question Wyndham Rewards vs. Wyndham ByRequest

I have a Wyndham Reward account, but when I use the account to sign in to Whynham website, it didn't take it. I then called Wyndham, and was told Wyndham website is for Wyndham ByRequest members. I should sign in through WyndhamReward.com, not Wyndham.com.
What?
I am totally confused. what is the difference between the two, and why is Wyndham doing this? just to confuse people?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I'm no expert on the programmes, but think of it this way - WR is a no-tiers points accumulation programme; when staying at Wyndham Hotels (and not Super 8, Day Inns or anywhere else in the extended group) this particular property brand recognises return visitors with a few useful perks. You still get your WR points though.

I agree - it does seem really odd to have a differentiation, especially as the differences don't appear to be enormous.

Mind you, Interconti have their Ambassadors as well as Priority Club, so the model must work in some circumstances.

I expect Wyndham Rewards may be able to illuminate...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:54 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by Mama
I have a Wyndham Reward account, but when I use the account to sign in to Whynham website, it didn't take it. I then called Wyndham, and was told Wyndham website is for Wyndham ByRequest members. I should sign in through WyndhamReward.com, not Wyndham.com.
What?
I am totally confused. what is the difference between the two, and why is Wyndham doing this? just to confuse people?
Thank you for your feedback about our website. At this time, we do have two logins for our websites. The first login is the www.Wyndham.com website. This is to update your Wyndham ByRequest account, which is a soft benefits program for stays at our Wyndham properties. The www.WyndhamRewards.com website is to access to all earnings, account information and redemption options for the Wyndham Rewards program. I apologize for the confusion about the websites. If you need any assistance with the logins or website please contact us at 1-866-996-7937, we would be happy to help.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:54 pm

Question:
Does one earn Wyndham rewards points for staying at Wyndham properites even though the booking was made using the ByRequest account?

In your website's FAQ, there is no mention of how the two accounts are linked.
If I stayed in a Wyndham property with my ByRequest membership, how do I make sure I get 500 miles credited to my FF program through my Wyndham rewards membership?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:35 am

If your ByRequest account number is on your reservation and it is a qualifying stay, you will earn miles on our Wyndham Rewards account.

Originally Posted by flyerfrog
Question:
Does one earn Wyndham rewards points for staying at Wyndham properites even though the booking was made using the ByRequest account?

In your website's FAQ, there is no mention of how the two accounts are linked.
If I stayed in a Wyndham property with my ByRequest membership, how do I make sure I get 500 miles credited to my FF program through my Wyndham rewards membership?
Old May 16, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
What a confusing system

Almost a year since the last post on this chain and this is still a very confusing system.

I can't understand how any marketing/loyalty department would think the two-number, two-login system is a valid model.

As a customer, I have frankly given up on this program.

Last edited by m60521; May 16, 2012 at 8:45 am Reason: typo
Old May 16, 2012, 10:43 am

Hello, sorry for the confusion.

ByRequest is the program where when you stay at a Wyndham hotel and Resort you can get extras like free local calls, welcome snacks and upgrades, depending on how many times you've stayed.

With Wyndham Rewards you earn points on qualifying stays at any of our hotel brands that you can use towards free nights stays.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by m60521
Almost a year since the last post on this chain and this is still a very confusing system.

I can't understand how any marketing/loyalty department would think the two-number, two-login system is a valid model.

As a customer, I have frankly given up on this program.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:49 am

My rewards current points says "Not Available" is something down with the system?
Old May 25, 2012, 1:20 pm

Which website are you on; WyndhamRewards.com or Wyndham.com? I can research the issue.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by TheAJ
My rewards current points says "Not Available" is something down with the system?
Old May 29, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheAJ
My account has been saying n/a for about a month.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:47 am

Hello, what website are you on. wyndham.com is the site for By Request so it doesn't show the point balance. wyndhamrewards.com is the site that will show you your point balance.

Originally Posted by Cohall
My account has been saying n/a for about a month.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hello, what website are you on. wyndham.com is the site for By Request so it doesn't show the point balance. wyndhamrewards.com is the site that will show you your point balance.
I am on the Wyndham by request site. This is the site that used to always have my information on it (and is the website awardwallet tries to use as well), but now it just says:

Welcome, Cohall
ByRequest #: XXXXXXXX8
Benefit Level: Welcome
Earning Preference: Not Available
Current Points: Not Available

I'm not sure if you have the ear of the marketing folks, but this whole dual system with 2 different numbers and websites serving two different purposes is incredibly confusing. I mean, it's the rewards program for Wyndham, why would I not assume that I can get my info by logging into the Wyndham website? It makes no sense to the average consumer...it should be seamless.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:05 pm

I apologize for the confusion. If you log into WyndhamRewards.com it will show you your earning preference and point balance from there.

I will pass on your feedback about not having 2 accounts and 2 websites.

Thank you.

I am on the Wyndham by request site. This is the site that used to always have my information on it (and is the website awardwallet tries to use as well), but now it just says:

Welcome, Cohall
ByRequest #: XXXXXXXX8
Benefit Level: Welcome
Earning Preference: Not Available
Current Points: Not Available

I'm not sure if you have the ear of the marketing folks, but this whole dual system with 2 different numbers and websites serving two different purposes is incredibly confusing. I mean, it's the rewards program for Wyndham, why would I not assume that I can get my info by logging into the Wyndham website? It makes no sense to the average consumer...it should be seamless.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond

another member here that doesn't bother with this very confusing system....
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:00 pm
wcj

I was reading the other day that this is phasing out to one system over the summer. It's the important update on the Wyndham.com site. For now, award wallet needs to have both. I was dumb enough to not go back to check if there was a place for both accounts but managed to figure it out. Unfortunately not before I thought my points were hacked. They had been showing in my wallet under rewards and one day they just weren't. All good now.

Last edited by wcj; Jun 2, 2012 at 3:21 pm Reason: Include site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.