Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Any idea for using 4800 Eurobonus miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver

I am open to suggestions as I don't fly SAS often.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Where do you live?

SAS and eurobonus have several different ways to use your points! Movie theater, soccer games, etc! I know my sister bought a christmas present for my grand parents last year, for some EB points...

They just opened the new SAS Eurobonus Store, where you can purchase items with your points!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by Rukor
They just opened the new SAS Eurobonus Store, where you can purchase items with your points!
Where? I've got almost 10,000 orphan points.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
I've also got 4800 sitting around, considered buying points and booking a flight to LYR in Economy, but with the fuel surcharge changes I've scrapped that idea and have pretty much resigned to letting them die in a few years time...
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:34 pm

Don't know how long the link is going to work, but here it is!

http://www.saseurobonusshop.com/sasl...ge=en&vst=true

Had to edit to make it work...

For my self, I used 10.000 points last summer for an IC upgrade on SK 938
The value was the best that I could get, if seen in relation to the difference in the price for a eco and eco+...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:24 am

What a stupid shop. They have prices in points and GBPs? How many of the English language version of the site users prefers paying in GBP? How about having a site with € as the other options are Danish and Swedish, not widely spoken options. But I guess there´s no difference as who in their right mind would buy anything from them?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
What a stupid shop. They have prices in points and GBPs? How many of the English language version of the site users prefers paying in GBP? How about having a site with € as the other options are Danish and Swedish, not widely spoken options. But I guess there´s no difference as who in their right mind would buy anything from them?
I agree with you!
The only time it is usable in my eyes is if you have 100k or more points that is about to running out, and you're not able to travel...

The value of the points in the shop is ridiculous! And the price there is not good either!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:19 am

And you´re not able to travel during the next year or so. Nor is any of your friends or relatives. And you don´t need any hotel nights. One has to be desperate to use point at those shops. But as all airlines have them, SAS needs one too. So, obviously someone seems to be using points at them.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have 9200 SAS miles that are set to expire in July. I need to travel to TRF in August and was hoping I might be able to use the miles there, but LHR-TRF is 18K miles. Are there other European airports other than LHR that might be cheaper to get to TRF?

Buying top-up miles doesn't make sense as it would cost 180 Euros.

Any ideas on how I can use these miles or obtain top up miles a lot cheaper?

TIA
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
At least in the Nordics Amex allows you to transfer MR points to Eurobonus.
Another option might be the Avis promotion where you can get 5k points for a 2-day car rental.

If those options are worth it for you I cannot tell.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 9200 SAS miles that are set to expire in July. I need to travel to TRF in August and was hoping I might be able to use the miles there, but LHR-TRF is 18K miles. Are there other European airports other than LHR that might be cheaper to get to TRF?

Buying top-up miles doesn't make sense as it would cost 180 Euros.

Any ideas on how I can use these miles or obtain top up miles a lot cheaper?

TIA
You can always buy with points+cash. A randomly selected day in August gets me a one-way price of 9200 points + approx €150 in Go. This may only be marginally better than the rack rate for the day you want, but it is one way to burn the points.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
If you're some points short of having enough for an award booking, there's always the option of getting 'free' extra points though the online shopping portal.

https://onlineshopping.flysas.com/se/alle-butiker/

A few campaigns for online newspaper or book download subscriptions require a sign-up with credit card, but often gives a 14 day trial period. So you can end your subscription after the points have posted, but before payment starts.

eg: https://onlineshopping.flysas.com/se...-nyheter/8009/

I recognise that it's laborious and you probably need a scandinavian native speaker at hand to help with the sign-up, but could work if you're in need of some 'free' points to top up your campaign.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the suggestions. Nothing really works. Are they transfer partners with any of the hotel chains? Cannot transfer from Marriott or SPG who can transfer to dozens of airlines.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thank you for the suggestions. Nothing really works. Are they transfer partners with any of the hotel chains? Cannot transfer from Marriott or SPG who can transfer to dozens of airlines.
Why does JR67's approach not work for you?

On the SAS website go to "Book a EuroBonus trip", log in, and search for a flight. Then click on "All our tickets can be partly paid with points" (see picture) and you get the offer to pay in cash and points.
The cash and points tickets are revenue tickets, so you earn again some points with them.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A revenue ticket is 118 Euros. Cash and points is 9200 points + 95 Euros. Probably better off booking a revenue ticket and choosing the flights I want.

Thanks anyhow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.