Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Any idea for using 4800 Eurobonus miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any idea for using 4800 Eurobonus miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Still trying to find a way to use my points and I need a ticket for CPH-HEL. There is Star Alliance availability and I'd like to get rid of my 9200 expiring SAS miles.

A revenue ticket is US$57.70 but books into O fare which according to fare rules says "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELLING WITHOUT BAGGAGE". I will have one suitcase so this is a problem unless there is a waiver for Star Alliance Gold members. Can someone confirm?

When I look at the points tickets, I can book an SAS Go ticket for 22K miles or 9200 miles + US$56.66. I assume this is a regular ticket and I will be allowed one bag for my 9200 miles. Is this correct?

I apologize for the newbie questions, but I am not familiar with SAS at all. TIA
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Still trying to find a way to use my points and I need a ticket for CPH-HEL. There is Star Alliance availability and I'd like to get rid of my 9200 expiring SAS miles.

A revenue ticket is US$57.70 but books into O fare which according to fare rules says "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELLING WITHOUT BAGGAGE". I will have one suitcase so this is a problem unless there is a waiver for Star Alliance Gold members. Can someone confirm?

When I look at the points tickets, I can book an SAS Go ticket for 22K miles or 9200 miles + US$56.66. I assume this is a regular ticket and I will be allowed one bag for my 9200 miles. Is this correct?

I apologize for the newbie questions, but I am not familiar with SAS at all. TIA
​​​​​​Until the 7th of May Star Gold will give you a free bag on the HBO fares,after May 7th you will have to pay for the bag.If you book directly on the SK Web site, you can easily change from a lite fare to a normal fare with luggage during the booking process.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​Until the 7th of May Star Gold will give you a free bag on the HBO fares,after May 7th you will have to pay for the bag.If you book directly on the SK Web site, you can easily change from a lite fare to a normal fare with luggage during the booking process.
I need a ticket for late August, so guess that won't work. Am I correct in assuming the cash & point ticket will give me free baggage?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I need a ticket for late August, so guess that won't work. Am I correct in assuming the cash & point ticket will give me free baggage?

Thanks!
Cash and points tickets book into revenue fares so ehich bucket is that fare booking into?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
Cash and points tickets book into revenue fares so ehich bucket is that fare booking into?
Where do I find the fare class? All I'm seeing is fare basis ODKOWM. Also, can I only earn Eurobonus miles on this ticket, or can it be credited to UA? Obviously, I'm not interested in getting more miles I have difficulty using. I should mention I'm looking at a Cityjet flight.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: *G
Where do I find the fare class? All I'm seeing is fare basis ODKOWM. Also, can I only earn Eurobonus miles on this ticket, or can it be credited to UA? Obviously, I'm not interested in getting more miles I have difficulty using. I should mention I'm looking at a Cityjet flight.
If it says SAS Go, luggage is included. SAS Go Light has no luggage. As points & cash is a revenue ticket, it can be credited to partners in the same way as a normal ticket.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect! Thanks for all the help. I now found a way to liquidate my orphan miles.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
And cityjet is a wetlease, so this is an SK flight for all accrual and fare rules perspectives.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the help. I just booked my CPH-HEL flight for 9200 expiring miles (account balance now 0) + $52. ^

Since I don't want to accrue more SK miles, I'd like to change my FF number to UA, but I can't seem to do that online. Can I do that before check-in? Also, I cannot select a seat for free (presumably since I have no SK status). If I add my Star Gold number, will I be able to get a seat for free?

TIA
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
You can use the chat function for both. Just use the chat keyword in their search and you get the link during the chat's opening times.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called the 800 number this morning and was able to change my FF number and choose an exit row for free.

I could not find the Chat function or even a Search box anywhere on the SAS site! Perhaps because I'm in Canada?

Thanks again for all the help!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:08 am

I think the SK website is 'smart enough' to only have the link to the chat live during European Business hours. You might give it a try here:

https://www.sas.se/hjalp-och-kontakt/fragor-och-svar/

Scroll all the way down to "Kontakt" and expand the panel. There should be the link to the chat function.

Anywway, since it is resolved for you... no worries!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That link works! Unfortunately I never found that page when I was browsing through the SAS website. Maybe it will help someone else.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the help. I just booked my CPH-HEL flight for 9200 expiring miles (account balance now 0) + $52. ^
Rats, it looks like I might have to cancel my ticket now! Am I correct in assuming miles will be returned to my account with original expiry date? I don't see the cancellation penalty on my ticket either. All I'm seeing are changes for 65 Euros. I might be better off to just forget the ticket.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thx
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Rats, it looks like I might have to cancel my ticket now! Am I correct in assuming miles will be returned to my account with original expiry date? I don't see the cancellation penalty on my ticket either. All I'm seeing are changes for 65 Euros. I might be better off to just forget the ticket.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thx
The points will be returned with original expiry date. If that is already in the past, you will not see the points again when cancelling.

Cancellation rules follow the revenue booking class selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.