Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Awards - Change and Cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle

All,

About to book some EB award tickets on OS/LH metal. What are the current rules for change and cancellation? Couldn't find anything else than some vague notes in the T&C stating that they can charge fees for change and cancel.

I do remember in the paper-tix days *A awards were non-changeable, hence the question.

L.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
The T&C do not seem that vague to me:

− Rebooking is, provided the points are still valid, allowed up to one (1) working day before the offer in question must be used (expired points cannot be reused). A service charge is incurred by rebooking.
– Points cannot be transferred back after a bonus trip has commenced, and the return trip cannot be rebooked or refunded.
− In exchange for a service charge, offers can be cancelled up to one (1) working day before they should have been used. Only valid points are transferred back to the member’s account (expired points cannot be reused).

You will need to call anyway to book on LH/OS. Why not ask them about the rules, to be sure?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
You will need to call anyway to book on LH/OS. Why not ask them about the rules, to be sure?
Well, I trust the common experience of Flyertalkers more than what any random call center agent will tell me on the phone.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Quiet here.

So, called the hotline (ended up in Denmark), rules are that they are changeable up until 24 hrs before, as written in the T&C. This applies to "standard" EB awards, as well as *A awards. Changes after departure is not possible.

Change fee is 235DKK per change.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: EB*G ; MR Plat
Originally Posted by larsll
Changes after departure is not possible
not sure about this, last year i missed my award plane (return), by a day...wrong dates in my head...anyway, I could have gotten another ticket the next day after talking with the manager in Oslo but had to be home that evening so bought a new one.

So I would NEVER plan on changing it after departure, but it seems it is possible if you are polite enough, and obviously if there are award seats available - and i guess being a EBG does not hurt either.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Angry Fixing name...

So. Ordered my two tickets. After half an hour the confirmation came by mail. And to my despair I saw that my name was right on the billing address, but wrong as passenger. Called SK back... no... this is an OS/LH ticket, we can't change the name, even if we made a mistake, you will have to cancel the ticket and hope that the seats go back into the same bucket... God, how clueless...

Called LH M&M, and they were willing to help, but their system also protested against name change, even when the tickets were not issued...

So, now I will have to call back SK tomorrow, cancel the tickets and hope the availability comes back. Flying to the US with a wrong name in the ticket will not happen, not on this occation...
Old Jun 20, 2009, 4:46 am
Original Poster

And in the end, the old FT strategy won again: When you get an answer you don't like -- call again!

The third agent (Norwegian rather than Danish) saw that the ticket was NOT issued, and as such she could change whatever she would want. 30 seconds later the name was right...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.