Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic Radisson upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Automatic Radisson upgrades

After reading about the Radisson SAS turning into Radisson Blue (a lame change btw), I thought EBG recognition would decrease. That is if a decrease was ever possible.

But the last week I had two stays in Norway and the strangest thing happened:

STAVANGER:
"Welcome Fnate. Of course we have upgraded the room for you. Your EBG card is already in the system"

TRONDHEIM:
"We are very sorry that we can not upgrade you this time Fnate. All business class rooms has been booked."

I had not asked for anything, not mentioned anything in my booking except my EBG status. This seems to be something new.

Have they had staff training or something?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
If you book an award stay with EB points your status will automatically be transfered to the hotel reservation system (you're listed there as VIP) and the staff can make the decision to upgrade you in advance before you arrive.

Otherwise there is no way it could happen automatically unless you tell them in advance (call/e-mail/make comment in booking), present your card upon arrival, or if you have stayed there before and they have records of your status saved.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver
00000 recognition

I have been EBG for quite a few years now, and NEVER in all these years have I ever recieved any kind of recognition for being EBG at Radisson SAS. Most of the time (especially a little off the beaten track, Sochi, Kiev, St Petersburg) they hardly understand what it is. In Sochi a few years ago they thought it was some type of discount card. In summary its completely worthless as far as upgrade and recognition as far as my experience goes.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
I have been upgraded in Riga, Vienna (two floor suite ), Oslo, Hamburg and a few other places, but in very clear words denied it at Royal SAS in CPH: "We do not upgrade EBG's!!!"
So it really depends... I have dodged Radissons the last couple of years, though
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:31 pm

I had Gold with Goldpoints until recently and was upgraded during stays.
Can't comment on EBG.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I was upgraded for a 3 weeks stay at Helsinki Radisson Strand... based on my AF/KL flying blue platinum!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I have been upgraded on Radisson SAS many times. Mye experiance is that this is not dependent on your *G status only, but if you are a regular *G on the hotels.

Normally when I have been upgraded on a Radisson SAS, I have had many stays at that specific hotel.

Asking for upgrade on a Radisson SAS hotel, where you are not a regular customer, rearly works, at least for me.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ranskis
I was upgraded for a 3 weeks stay at Helsinki Radisson Strand... based on my AF/KL flying blue platinum!
Because they gave Flying Blues customers free Goldpoint Gold..

Like many have said in this thread, it varies.

But I suspect that EBGs will get less recognition after the name change
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:25 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Got a stay tonight in TRD, booked with my Goldpoints Gold as reference and requested an upgrade, I'll report back over the weekend.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: SK*G, Hilton HHonors Silver, IHG Platinum, Scandic 3rd Floor
Got upgraded at the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Stavanger today. The clerk said he gave me a business room "beacuse of the EBG card". Going to Bergen and Hotel Norge tomorrow, hopefully they'll be equally helpful.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Upgraded to a Business Class room at Radisson SAS Sky City at ARN today. Didn't ask for anything, just gave them my EBG-card. Have a pretty good history of upgrades with Radisson SAS since making EBG. The one time I was denied they said they were out of Business rooms (Kristiansand).

Other hotels in the Rezidor chain is a whole other story, though
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: SK*G, FBS, FB Petroleum Club, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Upgrades in Kristiansand

Originally Posted by ILS2
Upgraded to a Business Class room at Radisson SAS Sky City at ARN today. Didn't ask for anything, just gave them my EBG-card. Have a pretty good history of upgrades with Radisson SAS since making EBG. The one time I was denied they said they were out of Business rooms (Kristiansand).

Other hotels in the Rezidor chain is a whole other story, though
I asked if they had an upgrade available and showed my EBG at Radisson Kristiansand just before Christmas and was upgraded to business room. In my experience you have to ask for perks like this and not expect them to give you upgrades automatically. And it always helps to be polite and in a good mood :-)
Old Mar 28, 2009, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Originally Posted by PRGuy
Got upgraded at the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Stavanger today. The clerk said he gave me a business room "beacuse of the EBG card". Going to Bergen and Hotel Norge tomorrow, hopefully they'll be equally helpful.
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. And two times in one week "because of my EBG card". I was stunned, because I have had various luck in the past. It seems like something new from them.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Radisson Trondheim 26th-27th of March:

Booked Standard room, NOK 1370.-
Upon checking in: "You've been upgraded to a very nice room due to status"

(Didn't sprecify whether this was due to EBG or Goldpoints Gold status)

Received: Newly renovated split-level suite and fruit-/chocolate plate with welcome from the manager.
Not bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.