Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good things SAS does!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, FLYB, Priority Pass, A* G (SK)
Good things SAS does!

Thought we should have the same thread that just recently popped up at LH... SO, start posting "the good stuff!"

I remember recently flying to Vancouver from X via X. There was a really nice checkin lady telling me how she loved Vancouver. I was asking her at the same time if I could buy an upgrade Y+ - C for points, but she said she would do it for free... (Im only a silver)

Those little things make me loyal to SAS!
Old Dec 9, 2008, 7:07 am

Programs: EBG
I am afraid this tread would not get many post to your list!

I have only one: They are flying!

BFN
Old Dec 9, 2008, 7:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Great idea! Not the easiest time for SAS and their employees. If you have a great story, please share.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Well, SAS group at least...

I like Blue1 a lot. I think it serves its purpose perfectly. Nice planes, often very nice crew (such as yesterday on the evening HEL-CPH flight), service quite appropriate. Ok, those of you who are looking for the 5 star exclusive service, have 2m in all directions of free space, and always be adressed by name should look elsewhere. EconExtra is too expensive, but economy often reasonably priced. If you are hungry, you can buy what you want also at reasonable price. I only miss the wine + wrap package that was a bargain in my opinion... And they often have interesting campaigns, like this 100% points regardless of booking class campaign (I HOPE IT CONTINUES ALSO AFTER NEW YEAR!). Not luxury, but for me flying mainly only short haul intra-nordic, it is the perfect solution.
There is of course a lot of room for improvement, but I always select Blue1 over both SAS and Finnair when possible.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Nice experience lately

Flying CPH-HEL on SK a few weeks ago I sat on the bench and waited for everybody else to board. About half way through boarding a man approaches the queue from the opposite direction and squeezes his way in. On GA notices this and tells him to stand in line like everyone else. The man uttered something about being the back rows but the GA insisted and so he took a few steps back (but not to the end of the queue).

I hate people cutting in line or other ways being selfish so to me this was nice to see.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Because of phone check in I was sitting in the middle seat of an Airbus last month. Even before doors closed an FA kindly noted that DEF on the opposite side were free (it was the first row of P-class). My seatmate moved there, I moved to the C seat and - voila - we had the middle seat "blocked".
Old Dec 9, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
My first (and so far only) flight on SAS IC, on SK937 back in January.. First, I was seated in an aisle seat on the 4-seater, with two seats between me and the person on the other side (I'm not gonna mention how actually could be in C on that flight, but f**ked it up myself).

Very nice crew, especially he who I presume was the purser. Always smiling, and enjoying his job.. When he took my drink order, I ordered a Carlsberg.. In norwegian (he was just as norwegian as I am), in a noisy cabin, he thought I said "et glass vann", which means "a glass of water". I corrected him, and he apologized, and opened up a can of Carlsberg, before turning towards his danish, female colleague: "...however, Carlsberg and water are approximately the same anyway..." (meant as a joke, off course..).

Later during the flight, he served tomato juice to another passengers, and simply started singing "i say tomato, you say tomato...."..

All in all, he seemed to enjoy his job a lot, always smiling and chatting with the passengers, and the rest of the crew seemed to be in a good mood as well.. I can honestly say it's the best long-haul flight I've had in Economy..
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by martinfoss
All in all, he seemed to enjoy his job a lot, always smiling and chatting with the passengers, and the rest of the crew seemed to be in a good mood as well.. I can honestly say it's the best long-haul flight I've had in Economy..
There is nothing better than a crew that enjoy their jobs, it always makes the service so much better just by the attitude and vibe they give. Good to see that the SAS staff are still able to do this despite the difficult climate.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I particularly like:
- EBG & access to the *A and some additional lounges;
- some very nice deals on award flights. Good example is recent 20k for longhaul RT;
- very nice food and drinks in longhaul C;
- longhaul flights have good IFE in all classes, including regular P;
- ok rates and good service for corporate rates in shorthaul Y+;
- occasional op-ups.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, FLYB, Priority Pass, A* G (SK)
I really like SAS on line booking - that unlike several other airlines will allow you to book different fare classes outb-inbd. For example you can can book a really cheap econ dayflight Stockholm-Newyork and than book a business fare back... The more options and flexability -the better!^
Old Dec 11, 2008, 2:09 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, SAS Lifetime Gold
I like:
- EBG lounges in CPH and LHR.
- The occational good deal (with emphasis on occational) on award flights.

But I expect most other carriers have the same or even better perks than EBG. So really not much positive to say about SAS....
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Good thing SAS does:

Being able to send an unaccompanied minor from Copenhagen to Helsinki on his own with a somebody making sure he gets on the plane and someone else picking him up through arrivals - for 5750 EuroBonus points!

That's a real bargain.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
I enjoyed the fact that they offered 2 warm roles with dinner in coach (simple pleasures for a steerage lifer like myself).
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold
Smile

I like their latest video ad - I really identify with the feeling, when seeing SK metal - I will be back in the home country soon... and that usually means relaxation...

I really like that
Old Dec 16, 2008, 1:33 am

Programs: SK*G, FBS, FB Petroleum Club, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Radisson SAS upgrade

When staying at the Radisson SAS in Kristiansand last weekend I showed my EBG and asked if there was an upgrade available. The nice receptionist checked and upgraded me to a nice business class room on the 14th floor. Really nice to see that it works :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.