Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Originally Posted by Christobal
I like their latest video ad
Link?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
This summer, June 12th, I was going CPH-SEA on an overbooked flight and goy upgraded to Eco Extra on row 14 middel seat, right behind the bulkhead! I was able to pay for the upgrade with my points, but got it free Otherwise I would have been seatet in the back of the airplane!
On the way back, the plane was not overbooked, so had to pay for the upgrade to eco extra myself
Anyway much more comfortable than in "monkey class", so absolute no waste of 10k points!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Hi

I was also upgraded for free when going to Asia this summer. But all in all, I don't think SAS is bad but there is always room for improvement. And if they are going to improve they will need feddback...both negative and positive. I have been quite pleased with SAS lately...but I guess that is because I have been flying twice with them to Asia in business class ^
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:02 am

Programs: SK*G, FI
SAS cabin crew respect your privacy

Very Scandinavian indeed, I noticed that the SAS FAs know the fact that many of the their passengers (Scandinavians mostly) appreciate not being talked to (by FAs thru VA (and other pax)).

That is also why I like SAS longhaul C service better than some other airlines because they offer a lot of small great things other airlines don't:

^) I receive just as much attention/service I want. Everything is just "lagom". Service on CA longhauls can be overwhelming when you get a warm towel 6 times during a ARN-PEK flight.

^) You can get everything you want at the buffet-bar (on IC routes) by yourself without always getting attention from a FA.

^) Breakfast to go on eastbound USA flights.

^) Large C lavatories with windows and big mirrors.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:06 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by korpen

^) Large C lavatories with windows and big mirrors.

Ha ha, being able to take a dump while enjoying the view of a snow covered Greenland is sort of nice
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: EB*G
Good SAS EBG-experiences

- This summer at EWR I upgraded to Y for points, while saying to the friendly CI that "if you HAVE to move someone up to C, I wouldn't say no". Then in the lounge some 20 minutes before boarding, they called my name and said that they had moved me all the way up to C.

- In early mornings to be able to show up later at OSL; check in myself, deliver the bags at the EBG counter, go quickly through FastTrack security, then have breakfast in the lounge before rushing to the plane and take a seat in the first P-row.

- Getting row 01A-F on domestic flights (where you can actually hear "Fifty!", "Forty!", "Thirty!"... from the cockpit before landing!)

- Having a shower at the CPH lounge when I land from EWR - before continuing to OSL. It cures some of the jetlag that day for sure!

- I actually still find the aircraft interior quite calming and tasteful. I like the pillows in Y and C. I think that the livery is still standing out as stylish.

Last edited by LN-KID; Jan 6, 2009 at 6:52 am
Old Jan 6, 2009, 3:24 pm

Smile Flying with infants

In 2008 we flew both intra-europe and long haul with our infant with SAS and every time we experienced really great service by the FA's.
Of course the long haul is really nice if you have booked cribs - then you receive both the crib as well as plenty of food for the infant.
But also intra-europe we always experienced that the check-in or gate would secure us the middle seat and during the flight the FA's were really helpful and at great service.
Combined with the family security control at CPH makes it a charm flying with infants with SAS.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
One of the only good things I know is:

Real Champagne from a glass in shorthaul Y+
Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Name changes for 300 SEK.

The only airline I have experienced which has a blanket policy that any ticket on its own metal can be changed for a admin cost of 300 SEK.

My experience with other airlines the few times this has been necessary (for example swapping ticket from one employee to another when someone has gotten sick) is that generally you will need to rebook the entire ticket.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: SK*G
- As earlier mentioned; I can be VERY late at OSL/ARN and still make the plane with little stress - as the whole procedure works 99% of times very smoothly

- Intra scandinavian Y->C is very easy and flexible, makes my travel so convenient

- I appreciate the SMS service reminding me of check-in, boarding/departure time, delays and cancelations (the last two in particular)

- Service in C-class IC is really good IMHO! Flight attendants generally act very professional, giving but not bugging, and fun to joke with (just as on NZ). Though i wish the beds were actually horizontal...
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: SK EBG
Being able to arrive at CPH terminal 3 27-28 minutes prior take-off on SAS IC's - and still make it without a problem. Did it 3 times last year - I don't think it can be done by any other airline/airport combination...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: SK EBG
In SK CPH lounge last week, ½ an hour before the lounge closed, waiting for my domestic connection. Sat by the "sports bar" section, tapping my email, when approached by one of the Philipino waitresses/galley crew: "Sir, we're about to close - can I get you something before we close?"

Now, if only that was the experience everytime customers are interacting with SK...

(SK copyreading: Pls promote this lady!)
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
"Bump" to this thread as there has been so many negatives on the SAS Forum lately. Isn't it a good thing that SAS is obivously listening to what we (and tommy777 in particular) have to say?!

(LH won't give a d@mn!)

Last edited by tsastor; Feb 1, 2009 at 5:03 am
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by tsastor
"Bump" to this thread as there has been so many negatives on the SAS Forum lately. Isn't it a good thing that SAS is obivously listening to what we (and tommy777) in particular has to say?!
Let's wait and see about that
But yes, if they really do it's absolutely a good thing.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by korpen
Everything is just "lagom".
Give us a break......, just Lagom , I believe that might be the mind set that
prohibit them to take the necessary step to the next level.

Soon there will be more ordning & reda . ordnung musst sein.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.