Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Checking in on a different flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb

I have a C class ticket ARN CPH for tonight on a full flight (today showing as C2Y0). I think I will take the flight before and sit with a colleague. What happens to my original booking if I check in on the flight before? am I still confirmed on my original flight with a seat request for the flight before? or has my booking effectively been changed?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:51 am

If you switch flight in the CI system and get a BN for the earlier flight you will likely not face a problem. BUT, your reservation has not changed and your status for the earlier flight is only request (even if you can not see that in the OLCI interface). So in the case of overbooking on the earlier flight they might bump you (you will be behind even S-fares with no status). So I would recommend to call and change in the reservation. Remember to undo CI first and then do a new CI when the updates in the reservation has been transferred to the CI system, typically takes 1-5 minutes.
If you do not undo CI before changing the reservation you might end up with a situation where youy will not be confirmed on any flight but being put on request no matter what you do or no matter whom you call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.